Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHenry

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Whenever I try to play a Video on a website, I am getting "beach-balls" constantly, the videos don't play fluently, stopping almost every second, Firefox (and/or the OS) seems to freeze for a moment, the fan starts to make noise (which btw, also happens a lot lately when I watch any movie), and sometimes I get a message asking me whether I want or not to stop or continue executing a script.

It happens mostly when using Firefox, but not only.

I have both Firefox and Flash Player updated to the last version, 28 and 12.0.0.77. I am using a MacBook Pro from early 2011 on Lion.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? :confused:

Last edited:

tmanok

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hmmmm... My old 10.6.8 iMac did this and it seemed to be hardware related issues... Mine was just that the RAM was low and it had a hard time processing Safari Web Content and when I work at an apple repair shop it was software related to the plugin required for the video playback on the webpage you're on. I'd agree that you should Update any extra missed software or maintain your OSX system more frequently (E.G. Repair Permissions, soft reboots and other ETCs...
- Tmanok :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.