Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Because of overwhelming demand for its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple enacted a lottery to determine who would be able to attend the 2014 event, accepting entries from Thursday, April 5 to April 7 at 10:00 AM PT.

wwdc-2014-logo.jpg
The ticket lottery has now ended and Apple has begun notifying lottery winners by email. According to the WWDC site, all applicants who submitted an entry were supposed to know if they had won (or lost) by 5 PM PT, but it appears the emails are taking a bit longer to be sent out.

Winners are able to purchase a ticket until April 14, 2014, and it appears those who did not win the lottery are not receiving emails at this time.
Boom. pic.twitter.com/wx0nWTvNtq - Seth Clifford (@sethclifford) April 8, 2014
In 2012, Apple sold tickets on a first come first serve basis, with the available tickets selling out in just under two hours. A year later, in 2013, those tickets were gone in just two minutes, though Apple later invited additional developers to attend. Demand for WWDC prompted Apple to reinstate its Tech Talk sessions for developers throughout the fall of 2013, which will likely be repeated this year.

Lottery winners will be able to purchase an all-inclusive ticket for the Worldwide Developers Conference that includes access to Sessions, Labs, and special events for $1,599. 200 scholarship tickets are also available for students.

Apple's 2014 WWDC event is set to begin on June 2 and will likely open with a keynote where the company will unveil upcoming hardware and software products, giving us glimpses of iOS 8 and OS X 10.10, among other things.

Update 5:42 PM PT: Apple now appears to be sending rejection emails to users who were not selected to attend WWDC.
No dub dub :( pic.twitter.com/RQbFEncdJk - Filip Radeli? (@fichek) April 8, 2014

Article Link: WWDC 2014 Ticket Lottery Ends, Winners Being Notified Via Email [Update: Losers Too]

harrisonw1998

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
I am submitted into the ticket lottery and can confirm that at 5:13pm PDT I still have no email from Apple yet...

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
No email on my end either as of 5:16PM PDT.

Update: "Unfortunately, you were not selected to purchase a ticket" at 5:48PM PDT. To all those that got in, all the best :)

Last edited:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I think Apple is notifying the "winners" first. Who seem to be connected to CIO type jobs..Hand picked by Apple in other words.

The rest of use will get the "we're sorry" Email later on.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
New Macs?

Being a developers conference, wouldn't an updated Mac mini make sense to be announced at WWDC?

It's a bit funny when you think about it. Even at 799$USD, it would mean you could buy two Macs for the price of one WWDC ticket.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
Being a developers conference, wouldn't an updated Mac mini make sense to be announced at WWDC?

There's quite a few potential items that could be announced at a developer's conference. Things like;

4K Thunderbolt Display
4K (or retina iMac)
new Apple TV with SDK
12" rMBA

Take your pick. No one really knows. Maybe there will no new hardware @ WWDC this year.

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
Wonder if anything unexpected will be announced at WWDC this year. That would be so cool for a change.

Tim Cook:

Today we announce iOS metro - iOS with a Microsoft's metro interface - they stole our gui so we stole theirs! :D

----------

There's quite a few potential items that could be announced at a developer's conference. Things like;

4K Thunderbolt Display
4K (or retina iMac)
new Apple TV with SDK
12" rMBA

Take your pick. No one really knows. Maybe there will no new hardware @ WWDC this year.

if Apple could release a decent 4k display for less than $2,000 - I would buy 2 of them in a heartbeat. Even though it may mean selling a kidney. It would be worth it.

jonyive4

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2013
Dear Developer,

Thank you for registering for the random selection process to attend WWDC 2014.

Unfortunately, you were not selected to purchase a ticket. However, you can still take advantage of great WWDC content. We'll be posting session videos, slides, and sample code throughout the week for all Registered Apple Developers.

We appreciate your support.

Best regards,
Apple Developer Program Support

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
"Apple now appears to be sending rejection emails to users who were not selected to attend WWDC."

A thousand No's for every yes.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Wonder if anything unexpected will be announced at WWDC this year. That would be so cool for a change.

You're right! No doubt. While it may be interesting I really hate it when people leak out a hot product. The sad thing is the leaks have been spot on barely leading to anything else new at WWDC.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
:( oh on the bright side I'll be keeping 1600$ :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.