Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Castdeath97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Since I bought my macbook pro 13 2013 I bought a red Satan seeThru case to go along with it, however this case has been completely satanic :mad: (no pun intended); it seems to scratch from almost anything-even the charger- and the the attachments in the back had broke and became unstable, and because of that it scratched the bottom pads (the black rubber ones).

Any recommendations? Please make it cheap already wasted 50 dollars :( !

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Since I bought my macbook pro 13 2013 I bought a red Satan seeThru case to go along with it, however this case has been completely satanic :mad: (no pun intended); it seems to scratch from almost anything-even the charger- and the the attachments in the back had broke and became unstable, and because of that it scratched the bottom pads (the black rubber ones).

Any recommendations? Please make it cheap already wasted 50 dollars :( !

hard case? we don't use those requires too much work by the end user and often creates more damage in the end.

soft case, we use incase exclusively, great inner material and zipper design to prevent the zipper itself from scratching the laptop

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA173ZM/A/incase-13-neoprene-pro-sleeve-for-macbook-pro?fnode=50

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I use my MBP nude but always transport it in a well protected backup. Most hard cases do little to protect against real damage.

caribiner23

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2005
Chicago
I have a clear iPearl mCover Hard Shell case on my late-2013 rMBP.

It's an excellent case: not a scratch or dent on it (or the Mac inside) since I put it on a couple months ago.

Cost me $20 at Amazon.

I've always used my Macs "nude" like Glen mentions above, which never caused a problem except for the odd scratch and ding. I wanted to keep my new rMBP nice for a while so I figured it was worth $20. I also carry the computer in an Incase sleeve when I transport it.

Castdeath97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
One good question, if the carrying case isn't a perfect fit, should I expect problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.