Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conradwt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2005
Did you receive this? I haven't received anything so far which I assume means I didn't get accepted to give them a bunch of money.

I wonder what will happen if someone doesn't buy by the end date. Seems they need to choose someone else. Wonder how long those will get. If they don't buy wonder if someone else gets a chance. Could run out of time before the conference.

The winners will need to purchase the ticket by April 14, 2014 @ 5pm (PDT). Otherwise, they will randomly select people that didn't win in the first round for a chance to win in the second round and so on. Thus, there's still a lot of time left before the conference starts.

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
I'm part of the developer program... My manager isn't. He wouldn't authorize my request unless he was guaranteed a ticket, and if he won and I didn't then it'd be a waste of $1600.

I didn't want him to go with me so I didn't sign up. :D More fool me, huh?

----------

Journos would be treated as part of a different pool of attendees.

And there's GDC for developers trying to break out.
So wait would MacRumors be in the journalist pool? I just feel like that would be awkward for whoever is deciding who goes and who doesn't to see to that name pop up. I mean, it's not a neutral site who just reports news as it's received (at least for the most part) like The Verge or NBC News Tech. MacRumors reports official stories as well as speculation.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
What happens if you are randomly selected to purchase a ticket and you decide not to for whatever reason. Is another person who originally lose the lottery now notified that he has a second chance or do they sell in some other fashion or...?

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Tim Cook:

Today we announce iOS metro - iOS with a Microsoft's metro interface - they stole our gui so we stole theirs! :D

----------

if Apple could release a decent 4k display for less than $2,000 - I would buy 2 of them in a heartbeat. Even though it may mean selling a kidney. It would be worth it.

I'm thinking of a 28-32" 4k 60hz display for same $999 Thunderbolt Display.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Denied !!

arghhhh..

I didn't get my rejection notice until I renewed the Developer Program for another year! My old developer program was scheduled to end in mid April 2014.

This may be why other developers are not getting notified.

I renewed my developer program and the rejection e-mail came immediately after my "Thanks you for renewing your developer membership" e-mail.

I guess in theory you could get a winning invite that might be stuck because it is waiting for you to renew also!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Damn, my Internet was down last night and I was stuck on a train before that, so I guess I lose.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I didn't get my rejection notice until I renewed the Developer Program for another year! My old developer program was scheduled to end in mid April 2014.

This may be why other developers are not getting notified.

I renewed my developer program and the rejection e-mail came immediately after my "Thanks you for renewing your developer membership" e-mail.

I guess in theory you could get a winning invite that might be stuck because it is waiting for you to renew also!

You had to have renewed it before this morning because "You need to be a current member of the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program as of the announcement of WWDC (April 3, 2014 at 5:30 a.m. PDT) "

My program memberships don't expire for several months.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
You had to have renewed it before this morning because "You need to be a current member of the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program as of the announcement of WWDC (April 3, 2014 at 5:30 a.m. PDT) "

My program memberships don't expire for several months.

I was always a current member. I've got two active selling Apps in the store. I did get registered for WWDC2014.

For some reason the rejection e-mail did not come until I renewed to April 2015.

gatortpk

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2003
Melbourne, FL
There's quite a few potential items that could be announced at a developer's conference. Things like;

4K Thunderbolt Display
4K (or retina iMac)
new Apple TV with SDK
12" rMBA

Take your pick. No one really knows. Maybe there will no new hardware @ WWDC this year.

I understand the excitement for 4K displays, but that would be for a Retina 21 inch iMac. The Retina 27 inch iMac should be 5K display.

I know it's the difference between 8.3 MP and a much larger 14.7 MP display, but Apple has surprised us before!

Xiph0s

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
New York, NY
I'm going to WWDC -- I'm all paid up. A dream come true

boom.jpg

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Does that splash screen for WWDC mean display pixels? Maybe retina MacBook Air and new thunderbolt displays?

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Denied !!

arghhhh..

I as well...

I guess the denial e-mails had lower proirity or maybe they just wanted to string us along.

----------

Next year I am going to break my Mac OS X and iOS dev accounts apart so I can have better odds.

Last edited by a moderator:

cicero66

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Success!

This is what the winning message looks like.
See you there fellow developers!

Attachments

• bilet loterie.png
    bilet loterie.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 99

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I'm part of the developer program... My manager isn't. He wouldn't authorize my request unless he was guaranteed a ticket, and if he won and I didn't then it'd be a waste of $1600.

That's stupid. You can't even enter the lottery unless you're a part of the developer program before the lottery started, so he couldn't have won something he could never have entered from the start.

I hope your job is worth dealing with that sort of thing...

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Attended WWDC last year and joined the lottery for fun this year.

Now I got informed by Apple that I 'won' and can purchase but not sure yet if i will attend again...
WWDC ticket price is fine but travel expenses are huge.

litchie

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I registered and happen to be one of the lucky few, unfortunately I can't go due to the visa application issues.

ninjadex

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Attended WWDC last year and joined the lottery for fun this year.

Now I got informed by Apple that I 'won' and can purchase but not sure yet if i will attend again...
WWDC ticket price is fine but travel expenses are huge.

Just "for fun"? You do realize you've taken the opportunity away from other developers, correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.