Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Nothing spectacular but;
716GN%2B8N9gL._SL1500_.jpg

91WhjDUpm5L._SL1500_.jpg

Both were supposed to be around $20 total but when I went to checkout on Amazon, both came up as free.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Won this iPad Air 16gb from a sales contest at work. Need to pick it up from UPS Monday.:)
iPad-Air.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Came yesterday. A brand new IPad Air 32 GB. Boxed and ready to go. I have no idea at all who bought it for me, or why....none of the usual channels have revealed the buyer.

I have it set up and am using it now....whoever bought it knows I have a brown leather iPhone case, as they bought me that for the iPad too.

There has to be a catch...:confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 94

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Came yesterday. A brand new IPad Air 32 GB. Boxed and ready to go. I have no idea at all who bought it for me, or why....none of the usual channels have revealed the buyer.

I have it set up and am using it now....whoever bought it knows I have a brown leather iPhone case, as they bought me that for the iPad too.

Technologically inclined ghosts...scary!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Sorry it was a mistake. It was supposed to be delivered to me. I'll PM you my address to send it over. :D

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
sony-xperia-z1-compact-ces-tease-announcement-android-smartphone.jpg

Well this was more like a warranty replacement but Sony gave me a brand new one, retail box and all. What happened was, I bought this in Taiwan on my honeymoon and to test the "WaterProof" claim, I threw it in the ocean in Guam, took under water photos with it and it died a few hours later.

Sony said that they it is waterproof only in FRESHWATER but the repair center was nice enough to send me a brand new replacement unit. Since this was a product outside of the USA region, they actually went out of their way to import it and send it to me. The process took a month but I'm happy they made the effort!

Av1o3

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2009
ct1bn1B.png

Got brand new iPhone 5s because I managed to bend mine while trying to remove it from Genuine Apple leather case. :D No joke.

You can make it from this picture, where the volume buttons are:

a5pKNFy.png

Did applecare cover it? Same thing happened to me at the exact same spot

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland

Please keep us updated as the story develops. I'm super curious! :D:cool:

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Did applecare cover it? Same thing happened to me at the exact same spot

Nope. Had no Apple Care, but the "Genius" said "I'm going to replace it, but other Geniuses would think that you dropped it on that place and then bend it which would not cover it".

Best of luck!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Sorry it was a mistake. It was supposed to be delivered to me. I'll PM you my address to send it over. :D

Sorry....:D I doubled checked with my Apple folks. What I know:

It was purchased in the UK in a large Tesco store ( kind of like Wallmart)

The premium leather case was purchased at the same time, in the same store.

What I don't know:

Who bought it for me and why....I remain very happy but also very :confused:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors

its a wedding gift from the girl you met at college that stalked you for 9 months.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Sorry....:D I doubled checked with my Apple folks. What I know:

It was purchased in the UK in a large Tesco store ( kind of like Wallmart)

The premium leather case was purchased at the same time, in the same store.

What I don't know:

Who bought it for me and why....I remain very happy but also very :confused:

Asda is closest to Walmart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.