Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
Eighties kids worldwide mourn.

WWE-Legends-Ultimate-Warrior-800_1076366.jpg

Link

The Ultimate Warrior, one of the world's most charismatic and popular professional wrestlers, has died at the age of 54, just days after being inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame.

WWE announced the death of Warrior, born James Brian Hellwig, in a statement on its website late Tuesday.

"WWE is shocked and greatly saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever," the statement read. "Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history."

Warrior collapsed on the sidewalk outside of his hotel room in Arizona and was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead, TMZ reports.

News of his death was met with sadness and shock online.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
He was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I actually meet him and Macho Man at the same time at MSG. I remember their necks were as thick as tree trunks. Steroids definitely caught up to both of them. :(

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
More so, he appeared on RAW the night after Wrestlemania and addressed the crowd...

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

The next day he dropped dead. Blimey.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
More so, he appeared on RAW the night after Wrestlemania and addressed the crowd...

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

The next day he dropped dead. Blimey.

It's almost like he knew something bad was about to happen.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
RIP Warrior.

I saw this guy in a match when I was in Los Angeles. A friend took me to see the wrestling show and Warrior put manager Bobby Heenan into a weasel suit. This was my one and only experience with seeing wrestling live. The show was entertaining and as much, the audience itself that cheered on and on for the Warrior and various other wrestlers.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I thought he retired in the early 90's. When it was still the WWF. That's when I stopped watching wrestling. Although I had to watch it a few times in the late 90's since some friends in high school still watched it. Up until that point I thought only children watched wrestling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.