Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ONEWAY1979

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
great software trackpad++

this trackpad++ make my win7 operate fruitly as osx, i can use 3 figures, 4 figures guesture on my trackpad. osx have very bad compatibility in software, game is poor, so i ought to change my operate system to win7. thanks for this trackpad++, it's help me use my macbook air perfectly in win7. without this, macbook air is really bad for windows operate system.
i wish this software could be better and more function could come in new vision.

Cozz

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
Awesome driver, awesome user support. Vladmir you're the best. I've donated towards Trackpad++ development and encourage others to support your amazing work.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
If i donate to trackpad++ in order to unlock the program, will i still need to re-install powerplan each week? or once trackpad++ is unlocked will i not need to worry about power plan?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@DaveNinja: Thank you very much for willing to support the project. If you do not need the Power Plan Assistant (for example, you do not care about the keyboard backlight issues in Boot Camp), you can uninstall it. Only the order of the initial installation (PPA -> T++) is important. But if you feel Power Plan Assistant is the useful and enjoyable tool, a separate donation is much appreciated. Thank you.

Lourayad

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
Best driver for trackpad

I really advise you guys to get the driver if you're bootcamping scrolling feels natural and 3 fingers dragging on windows is finally possible! haven't had a single problem with it. Keep up the good work Vladimir.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
trackpad++ is a must have. It makes it way easier to use windows.

what exactly does power plan do? I've only used it for installing trackpad++, i've never looked into the actual application

Chip Moody

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
Hi Vladimir,

I got my rMBP last September, and adding TP++ was one of the first things I did after installing BootCamp and Windows 7!

It appears that this week's update from Microsoft has brought the "Test Mode" back. I tried entering the command prompt solution from MS to turn it off, then found that TP++ stopped working.

What is the correct process to turn Test Mode off and retain TP++ these days?

Thanks,
- Chip

ender7

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
Hi Vladimir,

I got my rMBP last September, and adding TP++ was one of the first things I did after installing BootCamp and Windows 7!

It appears that this week's update from Microsoft has brought the "Test Mode" back. I tried entering the command prompt solution from MS to turn it off, then found that TP++ stopped working.

What is the correct process to turn Test Mode off and retain TP++ these days?

Thanks,
- Chip

Same here.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Chip Moody, @ender7: Here is a small standalone fix (cooked by me) http://powerplan7.com/Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip (Usage: unzip, run as administrator, reboot). You can use it whenever some Windows update reverts the setting, which may happen only with very major updates, 1-2 times per year.

@DaveNinja: It's an ultimate manual/automatic power plan switcher with a compact yet very informative battery icon replacement option and some Macbook-specific enhancements (like the instant keyboard backlight toggle, wi-fi/bluetooth radio toggles). Here are the 'left-click' and 'right-click' Power Plan Assistant's popup menus (i.e. what you get by clicking its battery percentage icon):

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 422
  • settings_menu_macbook.jpg
    settings_menu_macbook.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 354

Chip Moody

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Chip Moody: Please try this one
http://www.powerplan7.com/Windows 7 x64 SP1 Unsigned Drivers Fix.zip
Usage: unzip, copy BOTH OF THE FILES to C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant, then run the fix from this folder (C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant) and reboot.

@ALL: Just wanted to mention, I have extensively tested all of the Trackpad++ features/gestures with the recent major Windows 8.1 Update 1.
The Trackpad++ driver works 100% correctly after updating. No reason to not update, I mean :)

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
@ALL: End of the mystery. Here is why for some Retina Macbook Pro owners the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag works perfectly, while for some does not work at all. To make it working, please adjust the setting outlined with red so that it matches a provided screen shot and reboot. That's all. And now you can use any DPI, I verified 125%, 150%, 175%, 199%, 200%. It's important to note, Windows 8.1 is not affected, but Windows 8 and 7 are.

Just wanted to post and say thanks Vladimir! I was about to go insane wondering why the three finger dragging kept snapping to the left-top corner lol.

So glad I donated to this project, keep up the amazing work Vladimir, you make using Windows on this Macbook a wonderful experience! :)

exclusionist

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2014
Trackpad++ Control Module Cannot Communicate with Driver

Hi Vladimir, I have been using Trackpad++ since I got my new MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it.

However just today, I received this error saying "Cannot communicate with Trackpad++ driver." It happened after my computer restarted from a Windows update. I also received the message that the installation of ppa_x64.sys has been blocked by Windows. (Pics of both message windows attached.)

I have tried reinstalling Trackpad++ first, then reinstalling both Powerplan Assistant and Trackpad++, and also uninstalling first then reinstalling both the programs. I also restarted Windows in between all of the installation.

I'm running the latest versions of both Powerplan Assistant 3.1c-x64 and Trackpad++ 3.0b (based on installation file since T++ cannot be opened now).

I am running a late 2013 MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 version 6.3

Is there a fix to this problem? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Cannot Communicate.jpg
    Cannot Communicate.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 442

khaneliman

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
Hi Vladimir, I have been using Trackpad++ since I got my new MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it.

However just today, I received this error saying "Cannot communicate with Trackpad++ driver." It happened after my computer restarted from a Windows update. I also received the message that the installation of ppa_x64.sys has been blocked by Windows. (Pics of both message windows attached.)

I have tried reinstalling Trackpad++ first, then reinstalling both Powerplan Assistant and Trackpad++, and also uninstalling first then reinstalling both the programs. I also restarted Windows in between all of the installation.

I'm running the latest versions of both Powerplan Assistant 3.1c-x64 and Trackpad++ 3.0b (based on installation file since T++ cannot be opened now).

I am running a late 2013 MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 version 6.3

Is there a fix to this problem? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Just looks like test signing was disabled. Reinstall power plan assistant.

exclusionist

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2014
Just looks like test signing was disabled. Reinstall power plan assistant.

OK Now that you mentioned testsigning, I think I turned it off by accident. And I installed the Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover over it. Could it have broke something? Those were the only major things I did today.

I tried to use
Code:
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
on elevated command prompt to try to turn it back on but it shows "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I only have PowerPlan Assistant installed now and it's still giving me the ppa_x64.sys could not be installed.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@exclusionist: Thank you for the feedback. The fix is 100% safe and cannot affect the BCD thing. You did it right, so if testsigning cannot be enabled with such a diagnose, then something is more or less wrong with your boot configuration data store. With some EFI installations this happens on its own (and remains unnoticeable until you try to alter one of the BCD settings). To summarize: this very exotic issue is not related to PPA (and neither to testsigning fix), but it is definitely uncovered by PPA - if the BCD store cannot be accessed, then no setting can be written, including the testsigning setting, so the system gives you a message about the driver that it is not certified by Microsoft, etc.

skallal

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2012
Vladimir,

I'm only using Trackpad++ and NOT PPA. I have the Test Mode Build 9600 watermark. I already tried Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip, but the watermark is still there. Otherwise Trackpad++ sill works okay. I simply want the watermark removed.

Steve

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@skallal: Please install the Power Plan Assistant, it is designed to handle the Test Mode thing during its installation (one of the reasons why PPA is a pre-req.). Only then, in case the issue persists, please simply run the standalone fix again.

skallal

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2012
@Vladimir: Yes installing PPA and running the Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip utility fixed the problem! Just sent you a donation for PPA, so I can register it.

Steve

CocaCoca

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Hey Vlad, is there some new beta of the driver for us to test? Last version is great, but I feel kinda adventurous :)

dr4stic

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2014
click drag support?

Hello,

First let me say that if this support has been discussed already, I apologize for not having found it. My google searches (of which there were many) were not fruitful.

I was wondering if there would be any implementation of the click-drag functionality present on the bootcamp as well as native OS X drivers?

The functionality I'm talking about is accessed by doing a double tap, but the second tap is held and then dragged. At this point the pointer is either dragging or selecting (depending on the context) indefinitely, regardless of a raising of the finger from the touchpad. A final tap releases the drag/selection.

In Bootcamp the functionality is enabled in the BC control panel, under touchpad, by selecting "Tap to click", "dragging", and "drag lock". Under OS X this is achieved in two places. "Sys. Preferences" -> "Trackpad" -> "Point and click" -> "Tap to click" ... and "Sys. Preferences" -> "Accessibility" -"Mouse & Trackpad" -> "Trackpad options" -> "Enable Dragging" && "with Drag Lock".

The OS X version works just as expected. BEAUTIFULLY in fact. The bootcamp version works, but poorly as there is something like a 500ms delay between clicking and the start of the drag. Very, very annoying. I was really hoping Trackpad++ was the answer to my problems, but sadly it doesn't have the functionality :-/

I realize that there is a three finger drag option, but I have a few issues with it.

1. I am tired of doing things by adding more fingers to the mix. It hurts to angle my wrist to get 3 fingers in a logical looking direction every time I want to drag and/or select, especially when I'm laying in bed. This is a laptop after all...
  2. When selecting text, especially on a single line text box, 3 fingers brings a bit of a precisional uncertainty in the selection. And finally,
  3. the existing 3 finger drag, at best, doesn't have an option for the drag to hold until released with a tap.

I'd gladly donate to the project if I had regular use of it (I'm not presently of the financial means of donating despite irregular use of it). Without the functionality, don't see myself keeping Windows on my system. Up I didn't even thing this project was still active since I seem to be one of those people that can't get to the main website.

Is something like this on the roadmap? If yes, what kind of timeframe are you looking at?

Thanks so much for your hard work. Your product is truly impressive :)

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@dr4stic: Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. Correct, 3-finger drag and classic 'press-hold-one, move-second-or-both' are the only choices when using Trackpad++. 3-finger drag works really fine in the recent version of the Trackpad++, but I do realize, not all of the people enjoy the same approach or the same gesture...
Now about the delay when using a single-finger drag: it is hard-coded deep in the Boot Camp HID driver stack, and since Trackpad++ integrates into this stack rather than destroying it, there is currently no way to remove this delay. Thus low-quality single-finger drag gesture had been removed from the Trackpad++ driver and 3-finger drag has been introduced. As for the drag lock, the mechanism is similar to OS X 3-finger drag implementation, but is even more flexible. By default a short lock is there (just as in OS X), which allows dragging any distance by putting the fingers back on the trackpad quickly. This behavior can be altered to no-short-lock from the Trackpad++ Control Module ('Elimination of Accidental Input' lower pane).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.