Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zf97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
I was replacing my headphone jack in my ipod touch 4g and everything was went smoothly. However I am now trying to put reassemble it and am having some troubles. Im almost positive the problem is with the lcd connector. I tried to get the screen to power on and it was mostly white with some water like colors down in one corner. Hopefully it isn't screwed up completely thanks in advance.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was replacing my headphone jack in my ipod touch 4g and everything was went smoothly. However I am now trying to put reassemble it and am having some troubles. Im almost positive the problem is with the lcd connector. I tried to get the screen to power on and it was mostly white with some water like colors down in one corner. Hopefully it isn't screwed up completely thanks in advance.

A picture would help tremendously. If the LCD still displays properly but you see this colors affecting the picture, then I highly doubt that it is your cable causing this.

Zf97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. Also I apologize for the horrible grammar and structure of my previous post. I found out what was wrong. When I was opening the Ipod I made the stupid mistake of actually cutting the screen when trying to remove the adhesive. Im ordering a new screen and will just install a whole new screen. Should be problem solved.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Thank you for your response. Also I apologize for the horrible grammar and structure of my previous post. I found out what was wrong. When I was opening the Ipod I made the stupid mistake of actually cutting the screen when trying to remove the adhesive. Im ordering a new screen and will just install a whole new screen. Should be problem solved.

It should be the fix. Fortunately parts are cheap for the 4th gen. Just be careful when you go to reattach the cable under the gold tape on the logic board. I always have issues getting it on correctly and properly seated.

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
I white screen after reinstallation can usually indicate the device just needs a hard reboot (power and home button for about 15 seconds). The liquid like colors in the corner are from pressure. Probably from the inside metal bracket being set improperly.

If a hard reboot does not fix your white screen you either damaged the LCD or the Logic Board.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.