Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Loving the battery life on this.. Light usage recently but still plenty of screen time

uploadfromtaptalk1397120727361.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397120742333.jpg

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
It seems to be quite good. I'm not too into these huge tablets. If you want something big then get a laptop. IMO these huge touch screens just make your fingers hurt too much!
Besides, I don't like the software and the gimmicks samsung throws in.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It seems to be quite good. I'm not too into these huge tablets. If you want something big then get a laptop. IMO these huge touch screens just make your fingers hurt too much!
Besides, I don't like the software and the gimmicks samsung throws in.

It's big but generally very light.

It's amazing for multitasking and the office and s pen features are great. So really i don't see it as gimmickly at all.. It does far more for me than any ipad would feature wise

Use nova too on all my note devices.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
@thegame161 - a few questions for you bud.

It's big but generally very light.

It's amazing for multitasking and the office and s pen features are great. So really i don't see it as gimmickly at all.. It does far more for me than any ipad would feature wise

I read it's not that much heavier than the original iPad, and still much lighter than the Surface Pro 2

How do you find the Note Pro 12.2 after some time TheGame161 ?

I've decided to order one whilst I like my Surface Pro 2 - the only reason I have it is for drawing and illustrating and unfortuently I'm sick of dealing with the lack of high dpi support in windows apps, making my drawing programmes just frustrating.

So I've decided to go bigger, and get the Note Pro 12.2 for Sketchbook Pro Galaxy.

Now you have had yours a good while how are you finding it ? Are there any touchwiz hiccups performance wise ?

You say you are using Nova, how does Nova work on Tablets ? Never had it on a tablet (well the nexus 7 2013, but that just had a big android phone interface rather than android tablet layout).

Does GEL work with tablets ? Can you still use MyMagazine like the Note 3 when using Nova.

Bought one from Amazon.fr - I always find it funny comparing prices of Amazon's different European stores. I got one for €529, which was a good €80 cheaper than buying it from Amazon.co.uk for me, and a good €250 cheaper than expansys

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I read it's not that much heavier than the original iPad, and still much lighter than the Surface Pro 2

How do you find the Note Pro 12.2 after some time TheGame161 ?

I've decided to order one whilst I like my Surface Pro 2 - the only reason I have it is for drawing and illustrating and unfortuently I'm sick of dealing with the lack of high dpi support in windows apps, making my drawing programmes just frustrating.

So I've decided to go bigger, and get the Note Pro 12.2 for Sketchbook Pro Galaxy.

Now you have had yours a good while how are you finding it ? Are there any touchwiz hiccups performance wise ?

You say you are using Nova, how does Nova work on Tablets ? Never had it on a tablet (well the nexus 7 2013, but that just had a big android phone interface rather than android tablet layout).

Does GEL work with tablets ? Can you still use MyMagazine like the Note 3 when using Nova.

Bought one from Amazon.fr - I always find it funny comparing prices of Amazon's different European stores. I got one for €529, which was a good €80 cheaper than buying it from Amazon.co.uk for me, and a good €250 cheaper than expansys

It's pretty flawless so far. Had no issues lag wise and it has been pretty smooth. Nova to me is as good on here as the phone. Only issue though of course is the new layout with touchwiz means the my magazine and overall layout isn't there. You can still access it as the app but now as you see on the videos. S pen is still great as ever. In fact I've found I use that more than on the phone. I use it a lot when on the Web.

Sounds like you got a good deal on that. Think if you like drawing you will love it personally.

Yes it is but and if you can handle the size you will love it. It's a stay at home tablet for me and maybe It's not always easy when you want to check something quickly. However when you are relaxing and are just browsing it is the best experience you can have due to the big screen.

It's perfect when you are just checking YouTube or better yet replying to comments on forums like I am right now

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It's pretty flawless so far. Had no issues lag wise and it has been pretty smooth. Nova to me is as good on here as the phone. Only issue though of course is the new layout with touchwiz means the my magazine and overall layout isn't there. You can still access it as the app but now as you see on the videos. S pen is still great as ever. In fact I've found I use that more than on the phone. I use it a lot when on the Web.

Sounds like you got a good deal on that. Think if you like drawing you will love it personally.

Yes it is but and if you can handle the size you will love it. It's a stay at home tablet for me and maybe It's not always easy when you want to check something quickly. However when you are relaxing and are just browsing it is the best experience you can have due to the big screen.

It's perfect when you are just checking YouTube or better yet replying to comments on forums like I am right now

Thanks buddy :) Yep it's gone into dispatching now on amazon.fr

There's no backing out of it now :D

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

You Sir are an addict! :) Please let us know what your thoughts are when you have had time to mess around with your new baby! :)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

One thing you will find mac is the battery life is stunning. On light use can easily last you up to a week.

----------

One thing you will find mac is the battery life is stunning. On light use can easily last you up to a week.

Currently I'm on 30% left

5 hours, 30 mins screen time

6 days total

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Hey guys the iPad can multitask too :p

On topic though, this device looks pretty robust. The pen has got to be sweet. Would you compare it to surface pro? Looks like it smashes the pro in battery life. Interesting MRU I see you are moving from sp2 to this device. Should be interesting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I've considered it. We do have a photography and video studio here :D

Man i am lagging behind i have to get it together. I think it would be a great tablet, i find my iPad air too small especially for websites and i use it for eyetv and movies so a bigger screen would be great. The S-pen would be good too i felt it wasn't that good on my note 3 as the screen was small. Also the back is like note so for home use no need for a case.

I was thinking of getting one from a telco for $91 a month over 12 months which is cheaper than the $1248 they are going for in store here. Wifi only is $1098 here.

Good luck. Look forward to your review.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
its amazing how much i use the s pen on my tablet. my note 3 i only use it mainly for my notes. while on the 12.2 i use it alot when browsing the web.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
its amazing how much i use the s pen on my tablet. my note 3 i only use it mainly for my notes. while on the 12.2 i use it alot when browsing the web.

I loved my SP2 but the lack of gui scaling in the apps I used meant it was hard work just using the device.

The 12.2 is closer to a sheet of A4 for me so illustrating on it should be better and I actually still have a surface pen which should work with it as they are both wacom digitiser pens...

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
I loved my SP2 but the lack of gui scaling in the apps I used meant it was hard work just using the device.

The 12.2 is closer to a sheet of A4 for me so illustrating on it should be better and I actually still have a surface pen which should work with it as they are both wacom digitiser pens...

For what it's worth, I have the stylus for the Dell Venue 8 Pro and it doesn't work on either my Note 3 or my Note 10.1 2014. I think it has a wacom digitizer?

----------

For me, it's the same (Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014).

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

The S2 Pro pen works just fine--used it on my Note 10.1 (2014) when I had it.

If we weren't an ocean apart, I send off to you the extra pair of pen sized styli from Samsung I picked up to test with the Note. Both worked just as well and are much more comfortable to hold than the included stylus.

Last edited:

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
The S2 Pro pen works just fine--used it on my Note 10.1 (2014) when I had it.

If we weren't an ocean apart, I send off to you the extra pair of pen sized stylii from Samsung I picked up to test with the Note. Both worked just as well and are much more comfortable to hold than the included stylus.

Good to know.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Arrived today ....

Haven't had much of a chance to play, only set it up.

Replaced Touchwiz launcher with nova, didn't like that, so side loaded Google Now Launcher and it works great on it.

Installed Art Flow / Sketchbook etc...

Will post updated impressions after I've actually done more than set it up.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Arrived today ....

Haven't had much of a chance to play, only set it up.

Replaced Touchwiz launcher with nova, didn't like that, so side loaded Google Now Launcher and it works great on it.

Installed Art Flow / Sketchbook etc...

Will post updated impressions after I've actually done more than set it up.

Google launcher good then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.