Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianjrizer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
So, this may be a dumb question and I have tried to find an answer to no avail. I am wanting to set up iTunes to use the same information for all three users on one iMac. I am hoping this will include the iTunes authorizations (which are limited to only 5 total).

Is this possible? What I don't want is to have one computer (with three users) use up over half of the authorizations on one machine. If it is possible, can anyone direct me to instructions on how to set it up? Right now iTunes set up for one of the users.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kasalic

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2011
An iTunes account can be used to authorise up to 5 different computers. This is done on a per machine basis, it does not matter how many users on that machine you have, it still counts as only 1 authorisation.

We have 5 Mac's in the house, one of these is a Mac Mini which has multiple accounts for all 4 family members on it, and each of the other 4 laptops is also authorised to play content from any of our accounts. All accounts show as having 5 computers authorised.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.