Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I've sent a few emails to myself using my gmail account. However, I am not getting some of the emails and when I do, it is very slow. Takes awhile before I receive them.
Is there anyway to troubleshoot iCloud? Such a weird question but I'm unsure why I'm not receiving emails or receiving delayed emails.

Help!
:eek:

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Depending on the content of the emails, they may be blocked at the server level. Apple's known to filter messages and not put them in your Junk folder for you to review. Check your Junk folder. If they're not in there, it's likely they've gone POOF. I'd recommend opening a ticket with Apple iCloud support at that point.

I WANT to rely on iCloud email - but mail is very important to me and I consider it unreliable. Until Apple shows a serious interest in tackling this problem, I'm sticking with Gmail.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Depending on the content of the emails, they may be blocked at the server level. Apple's known to filter messages and not put them in your Junk folder for you to review. Check your Junk folder. If they're not in there, it's likely they've gone POOF. I'd recommend opening a ticket with Apple iCloud support at that point.

I WANT to rely on iCloud email - but mail is very important to me and I consider it unreliable. Until Apple shows a serious interest in tackling this problem, I'm sticking with Gmail.

I agree, impaler. I'm so frustrated and made the mistake by making it my main email. Going to try to use gmail as my main one now.
I've been waiting on emails from a few people and wondered why they never responded and to be honest, I think the emails went POOF too. :mad:

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
You cannot determine if the problem is at the sending end or the receiving end unless you test with a third email provider. Yes, Apple does cause some known spam to disappear, but it is not known (at least not by me) to be inconsistent with a particular email address as you describe.

My iCloud address is my inbox for just about everything, and I do not have problems receiving mail from real people.

A.

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
You cannot determine if the problem is at the sending end or the receiving end unless you test with a third email provider. Yes, Apple does cause some known spam to disappear, but it is not known (at least not by me) to be inconsistent with a particular email address as you describe.

My iCloud address is my inbox for just about everything, and I do not have problems receiving mail from real people.

A.

Some people do. I have. It's a real problem for some.

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Bumping this. Am also leery of this problem. How are you sending the mail -- mail.app or..?

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
No issues here. This concern almost kept me from switching to iCloud in the first place. Anyone noticed any weirdness lately?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
You all might have a problem and not know. I don't have an issue that I know of. I use iCloud for my fun and personal and if someone is sending stupid jokes, I don't get them, and they never ask if I saw them, I'll never know if I have an issue.

I use Outlook for bills and stuff since they offer a 2 step verification and iCloud doesn't.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
You all might have a problem and not know. I don't have an issue that I know of. I use iCloud for my fun and personal and if someone is sending stupid jokes, I don't get them, and they never ask if I saw them, I'll never know if I have an issue.

I use Outlook for bills and stuff since they offer a 2 step verification and iCloud doesn't.

Actually iCloud does offer 2 step authentication. Go to manage your Apple ID to set it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.