Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I was hoping someone might be able to help me. All day at work I send and receive requests in Calendar with no problem. My Wife sends me them and they come through as iCloud Emails, I press accept and they don't save in my calendar. Is there something I could set on her iPhone that will have her request come through like everybody else? She has an iPhone 5 and uses Gmail and iCloud for her Calendars and Contacts.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I was hoping someone might be able to help me. All day at work I send and receive requests in Calendar with no problem. My Wife sends me them and they come through as iCloud Emails, I press accept and they don't save in my calendar. Is there something I could set on her iPhone that will have her request come through like everybody else? She has an iPhone 5 and uses Gmail and iCloud for her Calendars and Contacts.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Details....

What calendar are you using iCloud or Gmail?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Okay using iCloud calendar but gmail for email?

Are others sending invites using gmail calendar as well? I found invites only work well using iCloud to iCloud calendars/email.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
She uses iCloud calendar and gmail for email. I use iCloud calendar and iCloud email. My clients and coworkers usually use exchange servers. I have some clients that use gmail emails, but I don't know what they are using for calendars. When I get invites from anyone it usually comes in directly through my calendar and I can accept and decline directly in the calendar app. My wife sends it and it comes to my email, and it never displays at all in my calendar at any point.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Well exchange mail/calendar has always seemed to work fine. Its when you use cross platform (gmail, outlook.com, iCloud) that invites (.ics) are sent from. At least that's what I have seen.

Hardrhino

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Our issue is similar....

We receive emails to our other account (company website name) telling us of an invite from an icloud calendar.
Once accepted this does not appear in the calendar.

I have tested sending to a gmail account and that accepts and appears in the calender on the iphone/ipad but not the icloud......

Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.