Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 2.2.1, which includes a handful of fixes, has been approved by Apple and should be appearing in the App Store shortly.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
How is this any better than AVPlayerHD for $2.99?

Looks the same just different UI.

AVPlayerHD is a great app, but we found it rather limited and somewhat confusing to use. That's why we designed Infuse.

Here are some things Infuse does that no other player can claim.
  • Powerful, multi-format AirPlay (stream MKV files without having to enable mirroring)
  • Automatically download and display cover art and other metadata from TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
  • Add subtitles in seconds with free, one-tap downloads from OpenSubtitles.org.
  • Content first UI, that is easy to navigate and understand.
Infuse is also a universal app, so a single purchase covers both iPhone and iPad.

Lastly, there are also some fantastic new things coming soon in the 2.3 version, so stay tuned!

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
AVPlayerHD is a great app, but we found it rather limited and somewhat confusing to use. That's why we designed Infuse.

Here are some things Infuse does that no other player can claim.
  • Powerful, multi-format AirPlay (stream MKV files without having to enable mirroring)
  • Automatically download and display cover art and other metadata from TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
  • Add subtitles in seconds with free, one-tap downloads from OpenSubtitles.org.
  • Content first UI, that is easy to navigate and understand.
Infuse is also a universal app, so a single purchase covers both iPhone and iPad.

Lastly, there are also some fantastic new things coming soon in the 2.3 version, so stay tuned!
Hi,

I purchased the pro version but I found that it is quite inconvenient to browse folders with a lot of contents since it is always sorted by name. Will we be able to sort the SMB shared folders by date in future updates?

Thanks.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi,

I purchased the pro version but I found that it is quite inconvenient to browse folders with a lot of contents since it is always sorted by name. Will we be able to sort the SMB shared folders by date in future updates?

Thanks.

Yes - this is something we'll be adding soon. :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 2.3 Now Available!

We’ve been hard at work over the past 2 months, and are proud to announce the release of Infuse 2.3 - one of our biggest updates ever!

What’s new in 2.3

UPNP/DLNA STREAMING
Connect with apps like XBMC, Plex, WMC, PS3 Media Server, and others to browse, stream, and download movies and TV shows right on your iPhone or iPad.

ALL-NEW GESTURE CONTROLS
Control video playback and settings like a pro by using these all-new, intuitive gesture controls.

• Play/pause - 2-finger tap
  • Rewind - tap/drag left (longer drag = longer rw)
  • Fast-forward - tap/drag right (longer drag = longer ff)
  • Adjust volume - tap/drag up or down right side of screen
  • Adjust brightness - tap/drag up or down left side of screen
  • Adjust zoom level - double-tap
CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK
Enjoy non-stop playback for TV episodes, and other videos. When one video finishes, the next will start automatically.

AND SO MUCH MORE!
  • Refreshed styling in many areas
  • Single movie folders are now displayed with cover art
  • Visual indicators for downloaded files
  • Smarter calculation of when videos are marked as ‘watched’
  • Better subtitle performance for some languages
  • Ability to add artwork manually (use title.jpg and title_backdrop.jpg)
  • Improved streaming for certain NAS devices
  • Localization improvements
  • Many UI related improvements
  • Other performance and stability improvements

Full details on this release can be found here.
http://blog.firecore.com/12168

Enjoy! :)

sfatula

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Calera, OK
Somewhat works

I tried Infuse pro. Unlike CineXPlayer, it does at least play my mkv files. Have a few issues though:

1. Does not connect to all my upnp (dlna) servers. I have two on one machine, Playon, and, XBMC. Connects to Playon, but not XBMC, just says an error occurred.
  2. Will not play any Playon content. Playon is a very nice script that works with my smart tvs just fine. Just says an error occurred loading this content.
  3. Can't get AC3 audio to work. I tried it only with software air servers, Airserver, Reflector, and, X-Mirage. For the first two, nothing at all is displayed when using Airplay, for the latter, there is picture and sound, however, it's not ac3. And the option is set within Infuse. Will this only work with ATV?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
i tried infuse pro. Unlike cinexplayer, it does at least play my mkv files. Have a few issues though:

1. does not connect to all my upnp (dlna) servers. I have two on one machine, playon, and, xbmc. Connects to playon, but not xbmc, just says an error occurred.
  2. will not play any playon content. Playon is a very nice script that works with my smart tvs just fine. Just says an error occurred loading this content.
  3. can't get ac3 audio to work. I tried it only with software air servers, airserver, reflector, and, x-mirage. For the first two, nothing at all is displayed when using airplay, for the latter, there is picture and sound, however, it's not ac3. And the option is set within infuse. Will this only work with atv?

Thanks for your post.

1. Is Infuse detecting XBMC automatically? If not, you may need to enable UPnP within XBMC itself. More info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=UPnP/Server

2. The upcoming version may help with this.

3. AC3 is supported in Infuse, though if you're streaming from another app it may convert it before it gets to Infuse. You can always view the available audio tracks in the Infuse playback settings menu (tap the gear icon while a video is playing).

Hope this helps. :)

sfatula

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Calera, OK
Thanks for your post.

1. Is Infuse detecting XBMC automatically? If not, you may need to enable UPnP within XBMC itself. More info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=UPnP/Server

It is detecting it, when I try to save the connection, it gets the error noted.

2. The upcoming version may help with this.

3. AC3 is supported in Infuse, though if you're streaming from another app it may convert it before it gets to Infuse. You can always view the available audio tracks in the Infuse playback settings menu (tap the gear icon while a video is playing).

Not streaming from another app. Copied ac3 video to Infuse, played it via airplay, both with and without mirroring. Not ATV though, don't own one, just those three air server softwares noted.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
It is detecting it, when I try to save the connection, it gets the error noted.

Are you running iOS 8? Most things are working with the current version of Infuse, but there are a few quirks that will be addressed in the upcoming (big) update.

Not streaming from another app. Copied ac3 video to Infuse, played it via airplay, both with and without mirroring. Not ATV though, don't own one, just those three air server softwares noted.
Are you sure it's an AC3 video? AC3 is supported, but DTS is not yet available.

If you want to drop us a note with a few more details about the video we can try and help. http://firecore.com/contact

sfatula

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Calera, OK
Are you running iOS 8? Most things are working with the current version of Infuse, but there are a few quirks that will be addressed in the upcoming (big) update.

Are you sure it's an AC3 video? AC3 is supported, but DTS is not yet available.

If you want to drop us a note with a few more details about the video we can try and help. http://firecore.com/contact

ios8. And yes, I recorded it, it is ac3, and, plays as such in xbmc or any other pc based player. I do not use DTS. ac3 is the only audio track. It is downmixed to two channel via airplay from Infuse.

I will submit support case. Thanks.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
ios8. And yes, I recorded it, it is ac3, and, plays as such in xbmc or any other pc based player. I do not use DTS. ac3 is the only audio track. It is downmixed to two channel via airplay from Infuse.

I will submit support case. Thanks.

Cheers. :)

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Cool, I'm gonna give it a try.
Hopefully HTTP streaming will be supported officially soon :).
Just upgraded to PRO, love the App so far. GOOD JOB!

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Not working:(. This type of content is not supported yet:(
I hope you will include it soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.