Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Hi, I need to add a submodule of a library project in GitHub to my project. I've read that someone suggesting the following terminal command to do it:

Code:
git submodule add git://github.com/nxtbgthng/OAuth2Client.git

But I wonder, if I add this project using the above code and import stuff from that project to my own project, will Xcode begging to add those files as well to my local repo? If it does, that sounds wrong isn't it? What I need is to have those files in my project, though they need to be in sync with the GitHub repo. They don't need to be put under my local version control system.

Edit:

When I add the project through the terminal command shown above and drag the Xcode project of the library to my app's Xcode project, I get the following message:

Share working copy?
A working copy that has not been shared has been added to this workspace. Choose Yes to add this working copy to the Workspace Source Control Data.

Any ideas what this means? Is this about making it a submodule ? If then, I've already added it as a submodule right?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.