Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkriffraff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Can anyone recommend a reliable online fax service (other than efax and jfax), preferably one that offers a free trial?

CybrMike

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
i use ringcentral. They don't have mac software but they have a nice web interface and send faxes to your email.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I use Kall8.com. You get a toll-free number for $2.00/month, charges of about $0.07/minute of use. Also has a fairly decent web interface and better yet can be set to e-mail faxes (or voice mail) as attachments.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I'd stay away from eFax - they have lot's of customer complaints and bad reviews. RingCentral is highly recommended and they have a free 30 day trial - 100% Mac friendly I believe. Check out the internet fax reviews over a computerfaxing.org for more information, internet fax comparisons, and the free trial promo codes.

I notice the service I use, Kall8.com, isn't on this list. They are less expensive than any of the listed services, and I have no complaints after using them for years.

Hulagirl123

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Do not use Ring Central if you are on a Mac

I spent an hour with tech support only to find out that if your business has an 800 number you cannot use the cover page if you want to have your phone number on it. Your only option is to not use a cover page. Also you cannot customize the cover page. Also the interface is pretty lame. I am not sure what else you can't do if you are on a Mac but tech support is pretty clueless when it comes to macs. I would steer clear of this one. I am still looking around for something that will work with a mac.

Hulagirl123

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Tried TrustFax it sucked

I tried trustfax everything was going pretty good until I tried to upload a pdf. Tried and tried and tried and nothing would upload keep saying you cannot upload anything over 5 mb I was trying to upload a small pdf 300 kb. They don't have support after 5 EST. I'm in Hawaii so that blows! I am now trying to cancel before they charge my card. Someone should start a fax service specifically for Mac people they could make a killing.

Hulagirl123

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
SRFAX Seems to be working fine with a Mac

After unsuccessfully trying Ring Central (can't use a 800 number as your reference phone number on the cover sheet, bogus and weird and I find that out after an hour with tech support which involved them forcing me into letting them take control of my computer (I could kick myself for that). Their solution after all of this ...don't use a cover sheet! Also they make you download some piece of software for the Mac where lot of the links would go to webpages with error messages further making their whole thing more confusing.

And trustfax couldn't upload any pdf's AT ALL kept claiming it was over 5 mb and they were all under 500 kb and no customer support to help.

So just tried SRFax and it seems to work just fine. Really simple can upload a logo for the coversheet and use our company's 800 phone number on it, imagine that. I just need to send and receive a few faxes (maybe 20) every month so the $6.95 service will do me just fine (I think it allows 150). They have other options too for higher volume. Anyway, it was the only one of the three that worked right out of the box without having to contact them or look at their support page, etc. Great simple interface very straightforward. They have a 14 day trial so no risk. And they even have a "cancel account" easily accessible in the user section which is not true for trustfax. With Ring Central it took me about 10 minutes to cancel via the phone we will see if they both bill me anyway.

I'll let you know if this one dissappoints but so far so good. Yeah Finally.... I hope.

lamarsessions

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
FREE Internet fax service:
  • FaxZero
  • Fax Digits
  • OurFax
  • InterPage
  • iHello

PAID Interet fax service:
  • RingCentral
  • MaxEmail
  • eFax
  • FaxAge
  • MyFax

MacRoyJr

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2008
Horrible experience with efax dot com

I utilized efax.com for several years now. I just received a call from a professional M.D. colleague who received some vulgar advertisement faxes that had my name, fax and phone number in the “From” field that could only have resulted from poor security at efax.com. All of the faxes that I have sent in the last 2 years have been through efax.com. I noticed that all fax timestamps in my sent log were given as the time in Casablanca, Morocco! DO NOT USE!!!

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I've used MaxEmail for years. Works simple and well. Once you've set the email addresses it can accept faxes from, you just email to the phone number you want @maxemailsend.com and it sends the email along with any attachment. Incoming faxes to your phone number are sent to you as a email attachment in PDF format.

mazzypie

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2014
Southwest
mac friendly fax service

used efax for years.. but they dont support the Mac side anylonger.. unless you have a "non-intel chip" mac? now i am looking for a new service too.
anyone out there using a "intel chip" mac? LOL.. I need a new service provider for my faxing on a Mac Pro system 10+

BTW, i see that there are ads here.. and efax is one of them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.