Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
I can't imagine the Mini being dead. It has his own purpose. Maybe they will indeed do something like the Mac Pro. Nothing happens for a longer period and then they come up with a complete redesign. A disc shaped black glossy Mini... lol

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
I can't imagine the Mini being dead... Nothing happens for a longer period and then they come up with a complete redesign.

The Mini is one of Apple's low-interest products, but I doubt it is forgotten.

They have let a few items slip to 2-year-or-less refresh cycles. That is probably due to sales. Mac Mini is one of those items. It will either refresh this year or wait for the die shrink and then redesign. They can easily crunch down the tech within the current mini, but with better processors it will be much easier.

Wait for October. If nothing, it might take another 6 to 9 months for a redesign.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
I think a 2-year-cycle isn't so bad. At least I wouldn't feel outdated so quickly :) Most people don't replace their mac every year anyway.

John Kotches

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Troy, IL (STL Area)
I'm fine with a two year cycle. Personally, I am on a 2011 Mac mini and couldn't be happier.

I wouldn't mind the latest and greatest but the only "draw" for a new mini for me would be dual thunderbolt ports. I already have a Belkin thunderbolt dock so I have usb3 available.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
The iGolden Delicious

Tomorrow being Tuesday this cheaper Apple could hit the market as soon as tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 6.41.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 6.41.41 PM.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 121
iMac screen = garbage ..

now this is not true for everyone, but in my case my mac minis drive a 26 inch tv screen a 32 inch tv screen and a 46 inch tv screen.

the only other desktop is a mac pro. so as much as a want to keep one foot in the mac world and the other in the windows world. No screen less desk top means no mac for me.
Generally agree, though in my case no more new Mini would mean no more new Macs for me. I'd still look to pick up older Mini refurbs. But let's hope it doesn't come to that. Having had an iMac previously, I too have no interest in owning any AIO with reflective screen ever again.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Tomorrow being Tuesday this cheaper Apple could hit the market as soon as tomorrow.

They don't typically do a quiet release on new products. If there isn't a show scheduled, don't expect anything beyond very conservative refreshes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.