Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I replaced it at Apple 2 times already, no luck. Third time is waiting, UPS is upcoming today, and if I have no luck with that one, they might offer an upgrade :)

When you say you replaced it - was it under warranty, or the Apple rep just decided to give you a new device beyond its warranty? I tried once at the Genius Bar, but the rep wouldn't replace mind since it was beyond its warranty.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
When you say you replaced it - was it under warranty, or the Apple rep just decided to give you a new device beyond its warranty? I tried once at the Genius Bar, but the rep wouldn't replace mind since it was beyond its warranty.

Well, I intentionally wanted to replace it within the 1-year German standard warranty... But I didn't want to be without iPad for so long back when I didn't have a MacBook Air. :D
So I bought AppleCare the day my warranty expired. And now I gave away the 2nd replacement device to get my third - and then, hopefully, an upgrade:cool:

scrngrb

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2014
I just found this thread via a Google query after noticing what appeared to be some sort of ghost image/burn-in (while using Google Chrome) on my iPad 2. While I was reading through, I decided to reboot my iPad and check to see if that helped. To my surprise, it cleared up the issue for me. Maybe it's some sort of video memory issue?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I just found this thread via a Google query after noticing what appeared to be some sort of ghost image/burn-in (while using Google Chrome) on my iPad 2. While I was reading through, I decided to reboot my iPad and check to see if that helped. To my surprise, it cleared up the issue for me. Maybe it's some sort of video memory issue?

Image retention on certain panels are prevalent. I have IR on both my Kindle Fire HD's and they go away within 60 secs on average when the brightness level is typically jacked up to around 75%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.