Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UntoldAnimation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2014
(EDIT: Phew, when I pressed Submit new Thread, it logged me out and this post was lost. Good thing I copied and pasted it)

Hiya! :D This is my first post here. I came here because the community support at Apple is ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.
I've made three posts in two that got removed already.

The first was a half-rant about the problems I had 'bout iOS7, hoping someone would say "Oh! This is an easy fix", but nope, it got taken down.

The second time I made it look less like a rant, and more like a genuine post. (Which they both were already, just not to someone). I paid good money for Apple stuff, you'd think I have the right to leave my feedback. Apparently not , thought the guy who took that down too

The third time, I completely dropped my complaints about iOS7 and straight up asked "Why are my posts being taken down". And whoop-de-frickin-doo, it got taken. I think they hate me :p

So yeah, I hope that won't happen here too. That would probably not happen unless I complained about this site. Which by no means (I'm talking to you, admin) am I doing. Just thought I'd get that off my chest.
'Ok', you're thinking right now, 'what the hell is this idiot complaining about anyway?'

Well brace yourself for a wall of text. Is there a character limit? Hope not.

Too... much... neon!
I don't know what they were going for. Maybe the thought it would appeal more to kids and they would buy more Apple products. The new look just makes me want to use my devices less. Well, that and my next point

It drains your battery
'Ten hour battery life'
I mean really, who said that? I'd be on my home screen at 100%, then go into and app like Youtube for like half-an-hour and go back to my home screen. The next thing you know, you're at like 80%. And speaking of apps...

Downloading/Updating
Yeah, I missed when those two things worked. The good ol' days. But really though, whenever I download or update, it stops halfway through and is like '(App) could not be downloaded at this time. Herp-de-derp, I'm an idiot'. Well, except for that last part. But as you know, once you start updating and app, you can't use it until it's done. So yeah, that's why half of my favourite apps either won't open or say "New update available" and won't be able to be used unless you get the update. The same things happens then I try to update to from iOS 7.0.6 on my iPad to iOS 7.1. Who knows, maybe that update will fix all of these problems. Oh wait, my friend mad iOS 7.1 on his iPod. That didn't do jack.
And no, don't be thinking "oh just restert ur idevice" because it happens on my iPad, iPod, my mom's iPhone, and all my friends devices too. I even have trouble downloading things on Mavericks sometimes. So yeah, it's not just me. But, I guess the apps that do still work will last me. Except for

Overall Stability
Apps crash. Like 400% more than it did. Safari makes it look like my download speed is 0.5mb/s, when in reality it's like 20mb/s. It's just so much. I guess they haven't learned from Internet Explorer. I might add that the keyboard is pretty laggy too. And what's up with all these menus. Yeah, I guess the menu that comes from the bottom of your screen is cool, but whats with the top one? What's it for really? Ok, you know when you get a notification at the top of you screen from apps you have, like "Sarah like you Facebook picture" or something. Yeah, those. The ones that appear for a few seconds. You'd expect that when you pull the menu down, it will show you all those. Nope. Some other thing I can't remember ever using. Those two menus combined make scrolling a hastle. I mean, when you scroll, you touch the bottom of the screen and pull upwards and the other way 'round, but if you do that, it interprets that as you want to open a menu. What's funny is, the first time an app ever crashed for me (Back in iOS5), it said something like "Do you want to send a crash report". But now it's like 'Screw it, we know how much your apps crash, so whats the point of sending it to us'

Some small changes I noticed
I can't help the feeling that the speakers are a bit more quieter. Also, some very annoying is that if I'm trying to be quiet, I'd turn the volume all the way down. (Like when someone near me is sleeping etc,) Then when I go to type, it still makes that annoying tapping noise. Really. Why?!
Also, I was very disappointed to find that the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. Atleast, not in iOS7. I'm sure it would be fine in iOS6, if say fingerprint scanners were out back then for iOS devices. Also, then panorama home screen thing doesn't work. I've seen in iPhone 5s trailers that you can set panos as your home screen and it will move as you move your phone. 'Hahahahaha, nope!' thought Apple. 'We can't give them too many cool things. Infact, lets make all the cool things not work >: D'

(I probably left out other things, I might add them in if I remember.)

Yeah, so that's what I think about iOS7 :D What do you guys think. I'll be very annoyed if this gets taken down too. Please don't be dat guy. I'll copy and paste this textedit just in case...

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think iOS 7 is great. And I feel like I've read this thread before. Oh yeah, that's because there are already dozens of threads regarding the same topics.

UntoldAnimation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2014
Dude, it's my first time here. I can't be bothered to look through all the threads to find what I want. What I want is to get all the off my chest, not to have someone else do it for me. Besides, the more threads the better. Apple will realise faster what problems the need to priorities fixing.

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
I'm not too sure that multiple threads covering the same issues on this forum will cause Apple to realise anything.

I'm also not sure posting the statement "I can't be bothered to look through all the threads to find what I want" is a good way of encouraging others to join in on conversation with you.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Dude, it's my first time here. I can't be bothered to look through all the threads to find what I want. What I want is to get all the off my chest, not to have someone else do it for me. Besides, the more threads the better. Apple will realise faster what problems the need to priorities fixing.

I'm not convinced your strategy will reward you with what you are seeking on these forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

I'm not too sure that multiple threads covering the same issues on this forum will cause Apple to realise anything.

I'm also not sure posting the statement "I can't be bothered to look through all the threads to find what I want" is a good way of encouraging others to join in on conversation with you.

I'm not convinced your strategy will reward you with what you are seeking on these forums.

I agree with StevenB14 and braddick. You should realize that this is not an official Apple forum, therefore, complaining to Apple here will probably not get you the results you are looking for.

For what it's worth, I couldn't be bothered to read all of your rant. ;)

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE

The amount of time it took you write this thread, you could have easily read and posted on all the current threads ranting about iOS 7....

I hope your thread on apple community forums were not as long, no wonder they got taken down.....

This is a rumours forum, so any rumours you want to post and spread will be welcome... Mods are quite liberal on here, and do give a lot of rope to threads which are totally nonsensical and spouting innumerate amount of hyperboles... So you never know, your equally unhappy brethren may help you build a solid anti iOS 7 fan base....

Good luck...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Apple cannot be bothered to read your post on an unofficial Apple forum. Additionally, Apple has proven in the past and will likely continue to prove that they are not exactly here to give users what they think they want when they think they want it. Instead, Apple gives users what they want to give us when they think we need it. IE: copy & paste on the iPhone.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
OP, there's a lesson to be learned here. No one forced you to update your iDevices. Just because you see a 1 in the settings icon doesn't mean you have to update. My iPad 3 is still on iOS 5.1.1 and I simply ignore the update indicator.

It's best to research the pros and cons of each new version of iOS including videos posted on Youtube with impressions and reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.