Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
and it will only require a 120GB fx card so that you can rotate the view :D

Lets just hope they don't spend the next several years nickel and diming us with DLC that should have been in the game from the beginning. If they do, I'm going to have to wait at least five years, when the complete package goes on sale for $30, before I can play this. I'm only just now getting into Civ V.
I am still on Civ IV. Nothing wrong with that I say.

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
I hope this program doesn't suffer from the "goofy-tech" that a previous spacey-themed version of Civilization suffered from. (What was the name of that, btw?)

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I hope this program doesn't suffer from the "goofy-tech" that a previous spacey-themed version of Civilization suffered from. (What was the name of that, btw?)

What we call goofy today, we tomorrow will call sensible and practical.

mrben

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
UK
Lets just hope they don't spend the next several years nickel and diming us with DLC that should have been in the game from the beginning. If they do, I'm going to have to wait at least five years, when the complete package goes on sale for $30, before I can play this. I'm only just now getting into Civ V.

I did exactly that, just got it last night, lost already a day to it!

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
It literally just got announced

Been searching around, but no luck at System Requirements for this. Did I miss them?

It just got announced, no system requirements have been announced yet, and they likely won't be for a while. Expect it to be a tad higher than Civ5, but not much. Runs on the same engine as Civ5.

----------

Well, game like this is probably developed upon a common OpenGL foundation, and then tweaked a bit for every platform. That's not necessarily bad, but it might not offer all bells and whistles Mac as a platform can offer; still, it will be most probably much better than any s*itty Cider ports other companies charge an arm and a leg for.

And Cider isn't even the worst. I bought The Witcher on Steam, the CD Project Red game, and I more than cleared the system requirements, but the game lagged like crazy. Turns out they ran it trough Wine, and never even bothered to check how ****** Wine stuff runs. Installed Windows on bootcamp just to make it worth it, and then I could run it all maxed out no problem... Yes, Wine is that terrible when it comes to games. (Still love you Wine)

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I've been hoping for a new Alpha Centauri. They can't call it that because another company owns the rights, but absolutely everything I've seen and read about Beyond Earth screams Alpha Centauri sequel. It's going to be a fantastic game, I think. I'm looking forward to an orbital layer. I always enjoyed that in the fake Civ game, Call to Power.

I do hope they're working on a Civilization VI, somewhere at Firaxis, though. Not that I'll ever grow tired of Civilization V, but it would be nice to see an updated engine, smarter AI, and better graphics at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.