Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
OnePlus, the Chinese start-up run by former Oppo executive Pete Lau, has revealed the specs of its upcoming smartphone dubbed One in an official forum post that is expected to launch on April 24.

Official released phone information:
- 5.5" JDI 1080p display
- Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC - Quad-core at 2.5GHz)
- 3100+mAh battery (non-removable)
- Sony Exmor IMX214 6-Lens 13MP camera
- 5MP Front-Facing camera
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB & 64GB Variants
- Stereo Speakers
- StyleSwap Covers - Multiple materials/textures
- Single-SIM card
- Global LTE
- GSM Only
- Something better than pre-orders
- No front branding
- 2 year CyanogenMod support

Anyone else as intrigued as me?

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I am very intrigued, if it is priced as well as I have heard then I'm totally in for this one. I saw some supposed sample shots leak from the camera earlier today and they looked damn impressive.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Very interested in it as well as I liked Oppo's designs esp with their Find 7.

That "One" moniker seems very popular these days. HTC One series phones, Xbox One, OnePlus One, etc. Ny fav name for a phone is still Nexus One. And still one of my favs after all these years. It started off a third stringer, then backup, then daily driver, and now back up to the One (M7). Rock solid device even if it only sold like 135k units.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Very interesting, following on Facebook, but it looks like Ireland isn't one of the countries going to be available unfortunately.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
The excessive screen size is an instant turn off for me. This in general seems like a "look at all the specs we crammed into this one" phone.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I have been watching them with interest.....It seems like a great phone on the specs alone. But for some reason they have not released any actual pictures of the phone. But you gotta admit.....for a first phone it sure seems to be a good start! :)

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
I want them to just release it and show us. I have small hands so I really want a screen to body ratio like the G2. If it has that I'm in for one. It checks all the other boxes.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I want them to just release it and show us. I have small hands so I really want a screen to body ratio like the G2. If it has that I'm in for one. It checks all the other boxes.
True... Have to wait till the 24th for that.

I have a feeling Ireland isn't on the list, so unless their UK portal allows us to buy it we might be fecked :(

JH-

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
True... Have to wait till the 24th for that.

I have a feeling Ireland isn't on the list, so unless their UK portal allows us to buy it we might be fecked :(

Good thing for me is I'm in the US. As an aside if anyone is interested in this phone and is in an area they don't sell to I'm fine playing middle man.

sunnyj

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
The excessive screen size is an instant turn off for me. This in general seems like a "look at all the specs we crammed into this one" phone.

Although the screen size is 5.5inch, it's going to be smaller than the xperia z1. I'm very excited for this phone and I'm almost certain this will be my next phone. I won't give my money to Samsung because I feel they are releasing the same old designs. With the HTC one, I can't look past the sleep button location and the oversized bezels.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Although the screen size is 5.5inch, it's going to be smaller than the xperia z1. I'm very excited for this phone and I'm almost certain this will be my next phone. I won't give my money to Samsung because I feel they are releasing the same old designs. With the HTC one, I can't look past the sleep button location and the oversized bezels.

I have been watching this phone with interest. It seems odd that they have not released any pictures of what the phone looks like. There is a lot of churn on their website.....We will find out on the 24th.......

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Looking forward to see what they deliver after what seems like a spec-fest and ton of promises.

Being in China I'm hoping to get a hands-on relatively quickly. However, asking at lots of the local stores, they don't seem to know about it at all. OnePlus face a big battle with outlets as there's so many single-brand stores from Oppo, Meizu, Xiaomi, etc, all over the cities here - sometimes two or three on the same small street.

Hopefully they'll be selling via China Unicom and/or China Mobile to raise awareness otherwise unless there's a monster unveiling of OnePlus stores in the next week or two. Not a single advert seen either which is markedly different from Oppo who have billboards and other posters for the Find 7 all over the place.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
The leaked design looks very good.

If it turns out true and it turns out to have a good battery life then this will be my next phone.

That price is amazing. Hope it has good performance and battery life.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
The leaked design looks very good.

If it turns out true and it turns out to have a good battery life then this will be my next phone.

That price is amazing. Hope it has good performance and battery life.

Where did you see that? :)

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Where did you see that? :)

a8u4aqug.jpg

Of course hoping the Never Settle slogan is not included :D

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

Same here. If it was 5" I would consider it, but at 5.5" that is just too big for my liking no matter what the other specs are.

The z1 is a big phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.