Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrjoeyw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
I have a Jailbroken (Evasi0n) 5s that resprings, or restarts, itself periodically. This is annoying, especially because 80% of the time, it does this when I start my camera app to take a quick picture, or even snapchat someone. I can't get a complete pattern on it, but it's really annoying. I'm running several JB apps, and tried uninstalling them, and running for a while, to no avail, still did it. Is this something that anyone else has encountered? I'm running 7.0.6, and my JB apps list is as follows:

Activator
Allmail
Barrel
Bloard
customLS
DockShift
FlipControlCenter
FlipLaunch
HiddenSettings7
iCaughtU Pro
Mouse
OpenBackup
RecordMyScreen
SwipeSelection
Swipey
Veency
WinterBoard
Zeppelin

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
You are most likely going to have to do a process of elimination to find out which one of those is causing it. Or, pinpoint which one of those you installed around the time the device started having the problem!

Best of luck!

mrjoeyw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
not sure how to move it, or i would..........but I WILL remove winterboard again. Then respring and run it for a bit to see if it continues. I thought I had deleted them all one at a time already........looks like i'll have to do it again.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
iOS 7.0.x is WELL KNOWN to cause resprings on the iPhone 5S.

Updating to iOS 7.1 is the best fix. I have not had a single respring on my iPhone 5S since updating. Not one!

mrjoeyw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Is your phone jailbroken? I would absolutely DIE if I lost my jailbreak. I can't stand the interface on the stock firmware's texting app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.