Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
What design are you looking for? An oval?

Don't get disappointed until the phone is unveiled. The iPhone 5 was a beauty when it came out but now people are bored of it as it it's nothing new. I find that strange. So expect something that will pioneer the design for the newer iPads or MacBooks (I wanna see a macbook with a chamfered edge!)

People thought the iPhone 5 looked the same which was funny because it was physically bigger but thinner and had chamfered edges, new build materials, two toned back, precision speaker grills and repositioned front facing camera. Anything that Apple makes will undoubtedly resemble their other products because it's just easier to carry over designs.

I find my 5s fantastically beautiful. I have an apple cover on it and often take it off to see the actual phone. It really is beautiful without the cover. This brings me to my real point. I hope that they find a way to make a phone that does not require a cover. I am sure they make tons of money off the cover, but I think having a naked phone in public would pay off in the end (although I also understand that many have covers as a fashion statement all their own). Also without knowing how real these recent leaks are, I have been surprised to see how well they seem to fit in the hands of the person showing the mockup or faceplate. I hope that Apple has done a great job of balancing the larger screen while keeping to the one hand tradition.

I am excited to see what they actually deliver. It will still be rectangular and be mostly a glass front so I guess everyone says "boring." Yet, as you have well stated, the beauty is in the detail and Apple has been a master of the details. I expect the same this year.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

Not at all, simply telling you a real side of it from a real customer. I fail to see how sharing a positive experience was interpreted as anger.

Can you tell us anything positive about any Apple products you own?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
What do You mean by "every year". iPhone4 is here from 2010 ;)

I can see quite a lot of differences ...

Come+impostare+sfondo+panoramico+su+iPhone+5+-+4S+-+4+-+iOS7+dphoneworld.net.jpg

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Not at all, simply telling you a real side of it from a real customer. I fail to see how sharing a positive experience was interpreted as anger.

Can you tell us anything positive about any Apple products you own?

You mean besides still owning them? Just because I make a comment about design means I hate products I buy? Don't be foolish. I bought an Audi that I love, but there are some things that I don't like about it. I love my wife, but some things she does drives me crazy. Understand now?

Pegamush

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
i'm usually not a conspiracist, but this times the leaks are literally flooding the internet..
to me, it's like as if apple authorised these leaks..
maybe the competition got too fierce after the expo in barcelona and they need to bring back the interest in their product? :)

i also think they might unveil this in june/july already. how could people wait another 6 months for this?(iphones usually come out in october)

Last edited:

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I'll wait until the parts start to leak...

exactly. Not sure why everyone is getting all worked up. Once the parts leak then we can start getting an idea of the design.

----------

i'm usually not a conspiracist, but this times the leaks are literally flooding the internet..
to me, it's like as if apple authorised these leaks..
maybe the competition got too fierce after the expo in barcelona and they need to bring back the interest in their product? :)

i also think they might unveil this in june/july already. how could people wait another 6 months for this?(iphones usually come out in october)

June release would be awesome.

But we would have seen some evidence.

Like manufactoring increases for suppliers or blackout dates for vendors and some some parts leaks also.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I've been using iPhones since the original (5s now) and never once has any of them required a cover.

I take it you never owned an iPhone 5? The 5s has improved durability over the original 5 due to color choices and probably the process to anodize has been improved... possibly.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I take it you never owned an iPhone 5? The 5s has improved durability over the original 5 due to color choices and probably the process to anodize has been improved... possibly.

I have an iphone 5, no cover and doing just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.