Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

objc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
I am looking for a program to download websites for later offline viewing. I am spending tomorrow with my grandmother and she doesn't have the internets but I'd like to download some free programming manuals for later viewing. Unfortunately they don't have a PDF. Internet Explorer for Mac had a really nice feature where you could download a site for later offline viewing. I haven't seen a comparable feature in any other browser. Does anyone know of something similar? Thanks.

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
Go to the page you want in Safari, and then just do a File > Save As and export it as a .WebArchive file. Works perfectly.

objc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Go to the page you want in Safari, and then just do a File > Save As and export it as a .WebArchive file. Works perfectly.

That would work except that the page I am looking at has a table of contents and a number of subsections that it links to. I would have to go through every one and save it, and the links wouldn't work either. IE Mac will actually follow all the links, download, and change them so that you can browse the entire site offline.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I need such application too.
Is there a good application to completely download a site for offline exploration?
Most applications I tried had problems.

jkundi

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2014
Hi can anyone recommend me an app smiler to HTTrack Website Copier I'm looking to download a website for offline browsing, on the PC I used HTTrack I'm hoping there's something smiler on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.