Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
So I was wondering if I click "Accept" for the newer iPhoto and iMovie apps if it will overwrite the older versions?

If yes, I was wondering if there was a way to backup or have the old version of iMovie installed at the same time as the newer version? I hear there are major differences and I don't know if I want to totally delete my old version just yet.

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 1.14.04 AM.png

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
The easiest way to do this is to backup your main volume (the one that contains your OS and apps) before doing the upgrade.

Then you'll have the older version on your backup, just in case...

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
So I was wondering if I click "Accept" for the newer iPhoto and iMovie apps if it will overwrite the older versions?

If yes, I was wondering if there was a way to backup or have the old version of iMovie installed at the same time as the newer version? I hear there are major differences and I don't know if I want to totally delete my old version just yet.

View attachment 468887

I believe iPhoto is upgraded and the Library is updated. However, I do not believe the new version lost any functionality. iMovie will be upgraded, but the old version should be retained. They added most functionality back in the latest update!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.