Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Here's my SGP Tough Armor, with an SGP Glass TR screen shield and aluminum home button (I also have a carbon skin on the back which is what you can see though the Apple logo cutout on the back of the case):

URL]

URL]

I have also ordered a black (Tough Armor Frame and also one in gunmetal to replace the slate colour which I have.

How do you find the scratching? I was thinking
Of getting either the white or the silver as I figured the lighter colors wouldn't show as bad. Also was going to order a gun metal replacement as that was just my favorite color option.

Also, (sorry so many questions) I have the glass tr nano slim, how do you find the available lip size?

Thanks

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
My current case: Element Case ION Black Ops for my iPhone 5S

Attachments

• Element-Case-Hogue-ION-5-Black-Ops-iPhone-5s-Case.jpg
    Element-Case-Hogue-ION-5-Black-Ops-iPhone-5s-Case.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 228

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
How do you find the scratching? I was thinking
Of getting either the white or the silver as I figured the lighter colors wouldn't show as bad. Also was going to order a gun metal replacement as that was just my favorite color option.

Also, (sorry so many questions) I have the glass tr nano slim, how do you find the available lip size?

Thanks

I had the slate colour originally and to be honest, it hasn't picked up any scratches whatsoever!

I also ordered a gun metal colour as well as the black, but if I am honest, I didn't really like the gun metal - it looks more like silver than gun metal so gonna keep it as a spare!

I have the SGP glass TR screen shield on mine. It's one of the original ones (isn't too slim!) it's got a decent amount of lip and the shield truly feels like you are touching the glass of the iPhone itself. I would say - be careful when you are applying it so you don't get any dust caught underneath the screen shield. I managed to apply mine first time without too much dust or anything - there are one or two small specs but I don't trust myself to remove the shield and reapply it (I would probably end up getting a worse 2nd attempt install)!!

davew41

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
both 5S
washed and dried daily in their lifeproof cases :)

Attachments

• lp_wash.jpg
    lp_wash.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 371

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I had the slate colour originally and to be honest, it hasn't picked up any scratches whatsoever!

I also ordered a gun metal colour as well as the black, but if I am honest, I didn't really like the gun metal - it looks more like silver than gun metal so gonna keep it as a spare!

I have the SGP glass TR screen shield on mine. It's one of the original ones (isn't too slim!) it's got a decent amount of lip and the shield truly feels like you are touching the glass of the iPhone itself. I would say - be careful when you are applying it so you don't get any dust caught underneath the screen shield. I managed to apply mine first time without too much dust or anything - there are one or two small specs but I don't trust myself to remove the shield and reapply it (I would probably end up getting a worse 2nd attempt install)!!
thanks for the info. I got my wife the white for her white 5s and myself the silver for my black 5s. Still have extra back plates in my cart at amazon (gunmetal and white).

I just recently got the spigen glass tr nano slim and had a real good (and lucky) install. Looking forward to seeing the whole package together.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

Will post pics Tuesday when I get the case

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just got the tough armor in silver and have gun metal arriving tomorrow. Seems really nice. Coupled with my glass tr nano slim and it's well protected.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just got the tough armor in silver and have gun metal arriving tomorrow. Seems really nice. Coupled with my glass tr nano slim and it's well protected.

Really disappointed...1 day and it's scratched. Returning it back to amazon. Sticking with my otterbox symmetry

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
What color scheme is this? I can't seem to find it on the tech21 site.

I can't find it on the tech21 site either. It's orange and green. I got it at the Apple store and it seems like it is exclusive to there, since when I scanned the UPC code with bing, it only brought up the Apple online store page. I love it. When I first got it the buttons seemed a little stiff but after using it for a while it got a lot better. I like that the back panel is optional. Plus, it looks really cool.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HE337ZM/A/tech21-impact-band-case-for-iphone-5c

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
my choice

iPhone 4 CDMA:
-LucckySkins side wrap clear
-Zagg BasketBall Sport leather back
-Element Case Vapor Pro Orange/Black
-Power Support Clear Screen Protector

iPhone 4s GSM:
-LucckySkins side wrap clear
-LucckySkins Carbon Fibre Back
-Element Case Vapor 4 Nickel Silver
-BodyGuardz Tempered Glass Protector

iPhone 5s GSM:
-StickkerBoy side wrap black
-Element Case G10 Back cover
-Element Case Ronin II G10 Stainless Steel
-Spigen Glass T R Nano Slim tempered Screen Protector

i own a gadget shop, and i'm kinda of a case addict :)

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 174

Chrislr24

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2014
Picked up the new symmetry series otterbox a few days ago. I'm really liking this case. I'm definitely sticking with this for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 216

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I have a Spigen Ultra Hybrid in gold, and now have the Spigen Neo Hybrid in gold as well.. I love the Ultra Hybrid but heard the Neo is one of the best cases. Which one should I go with? I want to switch them out but I love the way the Ultra Hybrid looks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.