Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Without a virtual memory concept it seems, no amount of memory will be able to prevent some one finding some combination of websites that cause a crash.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Without a virtual memory concept it seems, no amount of memory will be able to prevent some one finding some combination of websites that cause a crash.

The thing is, I just use my phone normally. I don't try to find any websites which will crash....and the damn things still crash :-/
I also get FREQUENT page hangs, where a website will start loading and the blue progress bar will get 1/8th of the way across....and just stick there. Only force-closing the app will cure this.
iOS7 is buggy as hell, and also very revealing of a lack of RAM.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The thing is, I just use my phone normally. I don't try to find any websites which will crash....and the damn things still crash :-/

I also get FREQUENT page hangs, where a website will start loading and the blue progress bar will get 1/8th of the way across....and just stick there. Only force-closing the app will cure this.

iOS7 is buggy as hell, and also very revealing of a lack of RAM.

I didn't read back but have you tried to restore from new?

I was having similar experiences (maybe not as severe as you) and I did a restore for another problem I was having. Feels like a new phone and is WAY more stable.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Still, given that an average webpage can easily make Retina iPads (the models most prone to crashes because of the highest RAM usage for Web pages) allocate 100-200 MBytes for themselves, adding another 1GB of RAM would seriously reduce the crash / tab reload incidents.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.