Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dicen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Recently, I have found a solution about how to stream video from pc to phone. i I think it's time for me to make contribution to this forum. So I will show you how to set up it detailedly. Hope this can help you.

1. Share your movie folder
The movie folder: right-click -> ’Properties’ -> ‘Sharing Tab’

2. Connect VidOn Player to Your PC
Download VidOn Player to your mobile device.

Make sure your PC and Mobile device are in the same LAN
Run App, click to open ‘Home Network Share’, then click ‘+’ icon.

Enter your IP address, PC’s user name & Password –> Click ‘√’
If your computer does not require user name & Password to login, then choice ‘login anonymously’

3. Enjoy HD Movies
Select the Server which you just added to browse.
To Play ‘The Hunger Game’, just select the filename.

Now, enjoy HD movie on your mobile device.:D

Dicen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for sharing. But why i can't choose login anonymously?:confused:

The new version of the player dosen't has the login anonymously menu. Just click the ‘√’ and done.
But you must open the guest account on your pc first. It's a little complex. So recommend you set up a user name and password for your pc. This way is more convenient.:rolleyes:

Honnyyoyo

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2013
I have done it successfully. Thank you very much.
And now i have tried the VidOn Server to stream videos. I think it's more convenient and powerful. Do you know this method?

The new version of the player dosen't has the login anonymously menu. Just click the ‘√’ and done.
But you must open the guest account on your pc first. It's a little complex. So recommend you set up a user name and password for your pc. This way is more convenient.:rolleyes:

Dicen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
I have done it successfully. Thank you very much.
And now i have tried the VidOn Server to stream videos. I think it's more convenient and powerful. Do you know this method?

Certainly I have heard it. It's more powerful. It can even play blu-ray iso files.It's amazing.:p

Dicen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
So, you can share this method with people too.

OK. The detailed steps are below.

1.Install VidOn Server to your pc
Download a software named VidOn Server to your pc and install it.

2.Add the blu-ray movie folder
Run ’VidOn Server’ -> Click ’Add’ in ‘Media library’-> Choose media type and path of the folder-> Click “OK” to complete the adding.

3.Connect VidOn Player to VidOn Server
Download VidOn Player to your mobile device

Make sure your pc and mobile device in the same LAN
Run VidOn Player-> Click to open ‘VidOn Server’-> Click the icon on the top right corner ->
Choose the the right server-> Return.
Then you will find the blu-ray movies of your pc are now on the phone/pad

4.Enjoy Blu-ray movies
Click the poster, you can see the detailed info of the blu-ray movie. Click ’Titles’, you will see the easy blu-ray menu navigation. Click the play icon, the movie begin to play.

While watching, you can choose the subtitles and audio tracks which you like. Then you can enjoy blu-ray movies on anywhere of your house by your phone/pad. It’s amazing, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.