Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Too small for my needs, I'd sooner pick up the mythic "iPad Pro" that seemed like a possibility not long ago. 13" is as small as I'd like to go with a laptop, anything less and I might as well have a tablet.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
super thin

super thin edge to edge glass bezel with super retina display making my eyes fall out!

quad-core with dedicated graphics and up to 16 gb ram w/ 1 tb pci storage

i'll buy it then and only then when the above are met!

:cool:

seriously though, it is their way of getting rid of their "air" line, they have an iPad Air which is perfect as is, they may get rid of the 13" and dare i say bring back the 17"?

Last edited:

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
The dimensions of the 13" rMBP are perfect in my opinion. Any smaller and then you start getting flaws like a cramped keyboard, smaller trackpad, smaller batteries etc.

11” air?

Ofc the batteries needs to be smaller, total volume gets smaller. But everything else also gets smaller. Like the biggest powerhog, the display.

3lite

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2011
The 11 is too small and the 13 seems to be the perfect size for most practical uses, especially when equipped with a Retina display.

I have the rMBP 13"

Personally, I think 14" is the sweet spot.

justinthesommer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
United States
super thin edge to edge glass bezel with super retina display making my eyes fall out!

quad-core with dedicated graphics and up to 16 gb ram w/ 1 tb pci storage

i'll buy it then and only then when the above are met!

:cool:

seriously though, it is their way of getting rid of their "air" line, they have an iPad Air which is perfect as is, they may get rid of the 13" and dare i say bring back the 17"?

You said it! Good ideas

----------

11” air?

Ofc the batteries needs to be smaller, total volume gets smaller. But everything else also gets smaller. Like the biggest powerhog, the display.

But a MBP would be thicker so bigger battery

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
My thought is that it would be perfect but I suspect apple will hobble it somehow. So it doesn't cannibalize the rest of the line.

Of course they would. Look at the air and 13" MBP compared to the 15". They even ripped out the dGPU of the base 15" to force people's hands/wallets even more.

mrcheezit

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
My thought is that it would be perfect but I suspect apple will hobble it somehow. So it doesn't cannibalize the rest of the line.

Yeah I agree. It would be a great size but I don't think it would be a Pro or up to Pro standards because what would be the point of a 13" Pro and a 12" pro? That doesn't really make much sense.

I could see them bringing back the MacBook line and having just one 11" Air, the 12" MacBook, and the 13" and 15" Pros.

However before they introduce that they need to retina-ize the Airs. An 11" Retina Air would be awesome :D.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Yeah I agree. It would be a great size but I don't think it would be a Pro or up to Pro standards because what would be the point of a 13" Pro and a 12" pro? That doesn't really make much sense.

I could see them bringing back the MacBook line and having just one 11" Air, the 12" MacBook, and the 13" and 15" Pros.

However before they introduce that they need to retina-ize the Airs. An 11" Retina Air would be awesome :D.

Too many SKUs.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore

I don't know what they would do but a 12 inch retina air would probably kill sales of the 11 air, 13 air, and 13 retina if the specs are similar to the 13 inch rMBP. I would be first inline for a 12 inch retina thats as thin as a air and great battery life.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If anything it will be an MBA, Apple did have a 12" laptop before and it garnered a faithful following. I think it fits better in the MBA category as apple has those laptops smaller and lighter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.