Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I'm trying to update my old Verizon iPhone 4 to 7.0.4 so that I can jailbreak it, and whenever I try to use the correct ipsw file I get an error saying the iPhone is not eligible for the build. I've done some Googling, and I've edited my host file, updated iTunes, restarted my machine, tried two computers, two user accounts, and TinyUmbrella and still no cigar.

Has anyone had this issue?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I'm trying to update my old Verizon iPhone 4 to 7.0.4 so that I can jailbreak it

You missed your chance. Apple isn't signing 7.0.4 or 7.0.6 anymore. The only update you can do now is to 7.1.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I'm trying to update my old Verizon iPhone 4 to 7.0.4 so that I can jailbreak it, and whenever I try to use the correct ipsw file I get an error saying the iPhone is not eligible for the build. I've done some Googling, and I've edited my host file, updated iTunes, restarted my machine, tried two computers, two user accounts, and TinyUmbrella and still no cigar.

Has anyone had this issue?

You are limited to updating to 7.1. Best advice is to stay on 5.1.1 if you care about your jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.