Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
Model Y-RAY81. Anyone have this bluetooth keyboard? I have one I wasn't using which I picked up cheap. Lost the disk and would very much appreciate it if someone could share the disk image with me. Seems logitech is no longer supporting this device for the Mac. There is nothing on their web site.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Model Y-RAY81. Anyone have this bluetooth keyboard? I have one I wasn't using which I picked up cheap. Lost the disk and would very much appreciate it if someone could share the disk image with me. Seems logitech is no longer supporting this device for the Mac. There is nothing on their web site.

The Y-RAY81 was a special Mac version of the DiNovo. The downloads can be found here. Please ensure you download the appropriate software for your version of OS X.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
The Y-RAY81 was a special Mac version of the DiNovo. The downloads can be found here. Please ensure you download the appropriate software for your version of OS X.

Thanks! It's actually a pretty good keyboard, although the track pad is a bit too small for anything graphics oriented, and it looks cool with a vintage Mac Pro.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I am guessing you got it working. Good to hear...

Getting it working now. Just got my dongle from eBay and it paired. I was a little leery when I saw it came with a small CD containing a driver but it's apparently only needed for Windows. I'm typing with it now but I need to find the right driver for it. I did download one from the link you provided but didn't install. Now I can't find it so I'll revisit the link. This is an excellent keyboard with very good feel! For a small trackpad it works great in that area too.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Getting it working now. Just got my dongle from eBay and it paired. I was a little leery when I saw it came with a small CD containing a driver but it's apparently only needed for Windows. I'm typing with it now but I need to find the right driver for it. I did download one from the link you provided but didn't install. Now I can't find it so I'll revisit the link. This is an excellent keyboard with very good feel! For a small trackpad it works great in that area too.

Provided the keyboard model number matches the one you originally posted then you should be good with that driver!

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
Provided the keyboard model number matches the one you originally posted then you should be good with that driver!

That driver works fine. I'm impressed with Logitech's support as much as I am with the keyboard. Good company!

Now I need to acclimate myself to the Edge. It's got a lot going on but all fairly intuitive. It will probably take a little practice to master the trackpad. Manual will no doubt help.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
That driver works fine. I'm impressed with Logitech's support as much as I am with the keyboard. Good company!

Now I need to acclimate myself to the Edge. It's got a lot going on but all fairly intuitive. It will probably take a little practice to master the trackpad. Manual will no doubt help.

I wouldn't know since when it comes to trackpads I either use my MacBook Pro's or an Apple Magic Trackpad. The shock that happens when I switch to a PC temporarily is overwhelming. Apple really does have the best trackpads!

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I wouldn't know since when it comes to trackpads I either use my MacBook Pro's or an Apple Magic Trackpad. The shock that happens when I switch to a PC temporarily is overwhelming. Apple really does have the best trackpads!

I was just thinking the same thing while using my Magic trackpad on my office Mac. Just got the thing and although I had some reservations I find it to be the best trackpad I have used. I don't even miss my old MS wired mouse, which also worked well for me.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was just thinking the same thing while using my Magic trackpad on my office Mac. Just got the thing and although I had some reservations I find it to be the best trackpad I have used. I don't even miss my old MS wired mouse, which also worked well for me.

They really are great trackpads...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.