Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
The fact that they acquired PrimeSense last year is a strong indication that they are working on the same thing.

I concur.

However I believe Apple is in a state of turmoil internally. Kept silent and away from prying eyes, something is preventing them from moving forward with the kind of progress they've demonstrated in the past.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
I concur.

However I believe Apple is in a state of turmoil internally. Kept silent and away from prying eyes, something is preventing them from moving forward with the kind of progress they've demonstrated in the past.

They have always kept things secret until they are ready for prime time. While Google struggle to know what to do with the technology and appeal to developers to come up with uses for it, Apple develops products and release them when they are ready with a clearly defined use.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
They have always kept things secret until they are ready for prime time. While Google struggle to know what to do with the technology and appeal to developers to come up with uses for it, Apple develops products and release them when they are ready with a clearly defined use.

As a customer and Apple shareholder of two decades, I'm well aware of Apples tactics. When it comes to Google, I embrace them with the same open mind. Those who fail to understand Google's highly successful business model reveal themselves via expressions of doubt, hate, fear or other negative emotions.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
As a customer and Apple shareholder of two decades, I'm well aware of Apples tactics. When it comes to Google, I embrace them with the same open mind.

Really? Why then did you see this as evidence of internal turmoil when it's a tactic that they have employed all along.

Those who fail to understand Google's highly successful business model reveal themselves via expressions of doubt, hate, fear or other negative emotions.

Really? Can you explain this, how is it revealing any of that? It seems more like a empty attempt at blame. What other negative emotions? Can I pick and choose from any negative emotion under the sun.

I'm pointing out a difference, and you can find a previous articles here with such an appeal to developers.

kdarling

macrumors P6
I can't believe that people still think that "Antenna Gate" was an exclusive Apple problem. Every cell phone on the market had the same problem, including my old Motorola Flip Phone.

Antennagate was absolutely a problem exclusive to Apple's design.

No other phone on the planet dropped calls by placing a single finger on an easily touched tiny spot. None.

Apple even admitted that the 4 dropped more calls than the 3GS. It was a design issue unique to the iPhone 4. (Apple changed the design with the 4S.)

Secrecy was a major factor. Apple could've easily found the problem themselves, if they hadn't insisted on using camouflage cases when testing outside of their labs (where phones were held in jigs). The cases covered the spot and hid the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.