Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanbanari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Hi there,well i got a problem that i cant solve by myself.I just bought a Verizon iphone 5 ,and got it unlocked.Next step that i trying to do is to get a 45$ straight talk plan,and when im trying to buy the card online it says in the description that is T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card ,this is the onlye they sell ,and is not micro sim,only says its a
You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile
Can i buy it and use it on my iphone 5 verizon,this is the only option they got on the website.Tried to find a at&t micro sim ,but None,Zero on the website
iPhone 5

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Hi there,well i got a problem that i cant solve by myself.I just bought a Verizon iphone 5 ,and got it unlocked.Next step that i trying to do is to get a 45$ straight talk plan,and when im trying to buy the card online it says in the description that is T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card ,this is the onlye they sell ,and is not micro sim,only says its a
You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile
Can i buy it and use it on my iphone 5 verizon,this is the only option they got on the website.Tried to find a at&t micro sim ,but None,Zero on the website
iPhone 5

In theory it will work, but the iPhone 5 does not take the micro SIM, it takes the "Nano SIM" so make sure you get that and not the micro

stanbanari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
they dont sell micro or even nano,just standart size sims,i will have to cut it down.The question is if it will work on iphone 5,straigh talk t-mobile compatible standart size sim card on verizon iphone 5 ,that's what they want me to buy form the website

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Are you sure? Walmart sells StraightTalk kits that includes a Standard sim, Nano sim and one month of prepaid service. ($45)

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
they dont sell micro or even nano,just standart size sims,i will have to cut it down.The question is if it will work on iphone 5,straigh talk t-mobile compatible standart size sim card on verizon iphone 5 ,that's what they want me to buy form the website

I would do as Ann P said, I know my nephew bought at k-mart for Net10 and it included all the SIM chips that were needed.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
If you're looking for an AT&T Straight Talk SIM you should check Walmart or get an AT&T Net10 SIM. Straight Talk stopped selling their AT&T SIMs on their website.

If T-Mobile has refarmed their 3G spectrum in your area then that's an option for you. Otherwise you'll only get 2G data on T-Mobile.

stanbanari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
If you're looking for an AT&T Straight Talk SIM you should check Walmart or get an AT&T Net10 SIM. Straight Talk stopped selling their AT&T SIMs on their website.

If T-Mobile has refarmed their 3G spectrum in your area then that's an option for you. Otherwise you'll only get 2G data on T-Mobile.

so if i get a net10 plan it will work on my iphone 5?

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Try looking at ebay.

I had to buy a AT&T Straight Talk SIM for my iphone 5 from ebay. Prices are ridiculous but contacting Straight Talk through Facebook yielded no definitive answer on SIM cards arrival date or if they were being discontinued.

Walmart was all out as well and rumors suggest that AT&T is trying to yank these SIMS from Straight Talk so if I were you I would bite the bullet and pay the money or you may loose out.

Hope this helps

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
I had to buy a AT&T Straight Talk SIM for my iphone 5 from ebay. Prices are ridiculous but contacting Straight Talk through Facebook yielded no definitive answer on SIM cards arrival date or if they were being discontinued.

Walmart was all out as well and rumors suggest that AT&T is trying to yank these SIMS from Straight Talk so if I were you I would bite the bullet and pay the money or you may loose out.

Hope this helps

Another option is to get a Net10 AT&T SIM.

stanbanari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Oh yes that will be a better solution, but when trying to buy on net10,it is also a t-mobile coverrege.What i did know is i bought a nano sim net10 card from ebay and paid 2.99 for it,when i recieve it ,i will just buy the 50$ unllimited ,and i think it will work,as verizon iphone 5 a all factory unlocked

jackwills

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY

Any one know why Net10 charges 5 more bucks for the same service?
ST and Net10 are under the same company and Net10 said they are gonna cap data at 1.5GB on all unlimited plans too (Just for AT&T sims..)

So ST is definitely a better choice.. Cap at 2GB & $5 cheaper
But...they stopped selling AT&T sims now/ ran out temporary..?

----------

ST iPhone users with AT&T sims dont leave them!
I want to go back, but cant buy anymore AT&T sims:(
Now have to try Net10 out...for $5 more dollars and with 1.5GB data cap!!!
I wish I never switched:(
ST has the best quality with their cheap prices!!

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Any one know why Net10 charges 5 more bucks for the same service?

Net10 seems to be $5 more ($50) than Straight Talk for 2 reasons:
1. They want to get you to enroll in auto pay, which drops the price to $45.
2. They offer the plan as a family plan, so it's only $40 per line for lines 2-4.

schilpped127

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
I have a Verizon iPhone 5 that I bought from a friend he had a plan and couldn't afford it anymore so he got it turned off. Would I be able to use this phone as a prepaid phone? And how would I get a sim card for it?

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
I have a Verizon iPhone 5 that I bought from a friend he had a plan and couldn't afford it anymore so he got it turned off. Would I be able to use this phone as a prepaid phone? And how would I get a sim card for it?

Yes, you could use it on a prepaid plan. Once you pick the plan you want, you buy the SIM card.

Sethnye3

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
How do you unlock your verizon iPhone 5c. Can I do it free somehow ? Or do I not need to unlock it to use on straight talk

Sethnye3

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
So do I just need to buy the bring your own phone plan with straight talk and that's it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.