Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Anyone else here in the real estate career field? I decided to pursue real estate late last year. I finished my real estate licensing course last week and scheduled my state test for today. I failed my test by ONE QUESTION!!! I'm so incredibly frustrated. I needed 77/110 questions to pass the exam, and I answered 76 correctly. As weird as it sounds, it would be a lot less upsetting if I failed harder. The fact that I was one question away from passing is tormenting me. It's $47 every time I go back to take the test. I'm going back in a few days. I just needed to vent. Have you ever needed to take an important exam and just barely failed?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Anyone else here in the real estate career field? I decided to pursue real estate late last year. I finished my real estate licensing course last week and scheduled my state test for today. I failed my test by ONE QUESTION!!! I'm so incredibly frustrated. I needed 77/110 questions to pass the exam, and I answered 76 correctly. As weird as it sounds, it would be a lot less upsetting if I failed harder. The fact that I was one question away from passing is tormenting me. It's $47 every time I go back to take the test. I'm going back in a few days. I just needed to vent. Have you ever needed to take an important exam and just barely failed?

No, but most professions have specific tests. At least yours was only $47. The worst test I ever took was the FE exam (and I am sure the PE will be harder). That exam was 8hrs long and cost north of 200 per attempt. Thankfully I passed on my first time

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I felt like a monkey could pass the one in WI. No offense. I would imagine we have less stringent laws here though.

Did you just walking off the street and take it or had you done some sort of education before?

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009

I do feel your pain ... I took the notary exam here in Louisiana in December and failed it, also, by one question. I don't feel bad though .. out of the 598 people who took the exam state-wide only 69 passed it and that included people taking 1 or more sections they failed in previous exams. According to the the state, 5% of those taking the exam the first time passed it and the other 5% were retakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.