Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Anybody waiting for the "invitation" to spend thousands of bucks get any kind of email yet ? I know it says 5PM but I'm ansy because this is the first year I can actually make this.

scottrichardson

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Ulladulla, NSW Australia
A note on the invite graphic...

They're rounded corner squares, simulating a type of halftone pattern to create the shading by shrinking the tiles, which could mean:

1. Icons from iOS, perhaps hinting OS X may take a similar route?
2. Pixels with more detail, aka retina / high density / 4K displays
3. TVs
4. Multiple screen sizes (Phones)
5. Vector assets in the OS for fully scalable UI elements.

Among others..

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I love that Apple TV concept, love the iPhone-esque colours. I don't think we'll see any iPhones or iPads announced, that'll be a later event. The focus will definitely be iOS (which I don't think will be too exciting this time around) and Mac OSX - looking forward to seeing what they do with OSX in terms of a new UI. Not sure on my opinions on when we'll see an iWatch, I think it's more likely we'll see that at the iPhone event later in the year as I imagine it'll be something they'll want to release right in time for Christmas.

----------

A note on the invite graphic...

They're rounded corner squares, simulating a type of halftone pattern to create the shading by shrinking the tiles, which could mean:

1. Icons from iOS, perhaps hinting OS X may take a similar route?
2. Pixels with more detail, aka retina / high density / 4K displays
3. TVs
4. Multiple screen sizes (Phones)
5. Vector assets in the OS for fully scalable UI elements.

Among others..

That graphic is definitely saying pixels to me...exciting! Would love to see a 4K monitor and/or a Retina iMac. Having been using a rMBP since June, I could never go back to none Retina. Particularly when it comes to photography, nothing can achieve the detail and sharpness of Retina.

TechViking

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
That graphic is definitely saying pixels to me...exciting!

Pixels or... are they the cells on a solar panel hinting that the next iPhone or the iWatch may have solar charging capabilities?

http://margolismatt.com/2014/04/12/...ng-solar-charging-for-apple-products-in-2014/

GT Advanced Technologies (http://www.gtat.com) who are making sapphire parts for Apple in that huge new manufacturing plant in Mesa are also making solar panels.

wwdc-20141.png

solarpanel_vs_wwdc14_logo.png

Last edited:

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Version numbers are not conventional decimals. 10.10 follows 10.9, as 10.11 follows 10.10 as opposed to be being between 10.1 and 10.2. That gap would be satisfied by 10.1.1.
People are still on this?
My god, software version number has nothing to do with decimals. Apple can go to OS X 10.1902473208 if they want to.

Well yeah, I'm still on this.

Mathematics adheres to rules. English does not.
They've obviously chosen to break them, which I imagine will confuse more than just me at some stage. Pretty stupid if you asked me, or anyone that uses Mathematics and order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.