Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Hi
Ive had previous success fixing a dreamweaver issues from some great people here - so here goes again - please excuse the fact that its a DIY web design
- I concede that I've never really got my head around style sheets-

I recently upgraded my website - uploaded - and all was good in the world with birds singing in the trees, children laughing and rainbows .. well you get the idea- Recently I checked the site and found the template borders had been pulled down from the header - which provided a basic border for the content on each page. so the appearance is very ordinary to say the least now.. So its like happy tree and friends have moved in and I can't fix this so things may get gruesome

Firstly - can anyone explain how this happens after it initially loaded exactly how I had intended- Ive tried to correct it - but am not getting anywhere.
happy to send the template code: Maybe worth noting that on different pages the height of the side borders vary - depending on the amount of content on each page- but I'm not sure why this is the case- when the template is set - and when I preview from dreamweaver in a browser - the side borders align with the top header to create symmetry - or really just a basic border
add is www. elephantsatsunset.com

I did upgrade my mac OSX recently from 10.5.8 - to 9.2 if that adds anything to the mix- did notice the issue after that- however also concede that I hadn't checked prior to this so it may have no connection at all

if anyone can help- i would be very grateful

chillies

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Webkit is updated frequently. Could have happened with a Safari update. Doesn't show up properly here either.

Looks different in Chrome and Dreamweaver too. Dreamweaver showed it correctly, and Chrome showed it more at the top.

Honestly, clean up your HTML. It would be easier for you to look through, and for us to help you. Your CSS seems okay, but the body itself is a mess. I stuck it in the recent version of Dreamweaver and couldn't even edit it because most of it is locked.

EDIT: Looking at it more, yeah, this is pretty messy. You have a DIV before the table row even starts, and after the table. It's 140 lines if you take the weird DIV into account, I would go through it line by line and clean it up. It will help you A LOT. Don't rely on the Dreamweaver designer stuff, and instead learn to do your own code, and (if you need it) do your own commenting to make it easier for you to know what's what.

Also take out the CSS and put them in a separate file and call them externally:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_howto.asp

Last edited:

chillies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Hi Jessica
thanks for the reply
importunately not much help
if I had the time to go through each line- i wouldn't be requesting help here

Also take out the CSS and put them in a separate file and call them externally:

not sure what you mean here

thanks for the response as many views but little assistance

chillies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
dreamweaver

its not so much the time-as I would create a new template -its the lack of knowledge of what I'm looking at - re code- line by line- I was hoping for a little more direction than- go off and learn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.