Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I used to work in a consulting firm. The company used to send me on assignments all over. They used to make customers sign a non-solicitation agreement that prevents them from hiring its employees. That's how all consulting companies work, and I understand.

Fast forward a few years later, I resigned and went on my own. My employment contract had a one year non-solicitation agreement, which I think is fair. However, that said some newer employees had to sign a 3 year agreement, now **that's** too much.

So long story short, we don't know what the terms are, it's up to the jury to decide whether they were reasonable or not.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
And you probably never will because like 99% of the world population you are greedy.

Greedy? That's a pretty "out of the blue" characterization. How did you come to that conclusion?

If an inability to properly express your ideas causes you to level personal attacks on my character (I'm greedy?), we probably should discontinue correspondence. I am more than willing to debate a topic but I prefer civil discourse. I afforded you civility and look for reciprocity in kind. Re-read my quote and find any point where I disparaged you and I will happily and humbly apologize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.