Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Decided to turn it off as a safety measure anyway. Unfortunately I had no other place to keep it at so I kept it in my pocket. By this time I was drunk enough to be convinced that my iPhone 4 was invincible and waterproof, so I got myself into situations where I was easily thrown into the pool another 10 times.

Yeah, won't turn on now and it's sitting in a bucket of rice. No idea what I was expecting honestly but a part of me still wishes to believe that the iPhone 4 is the reincarnate of the Nokia 3310 and hopes that it'll survive.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Definitely need to change the title to "So I got tossed into the pool 14 times last night, somehow my iPhone 4 did not work".

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Somebody should post a poll on how many days until this iPhone stops working. Water & Electronics are not friends. Electronics may survive the dunking(s) but the water that got in will likely show it's damage soon. It's kind of like catching a cold. You have it but don't know it for up to several days before you start to notice and feel it. This OP should take defensive measures right now or will probably be buying a new iPhone soon.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
It's one thing to have a drink (or a few) have fun and let go, it's another to be completely out of it that you lose your ability to reason. Like someone said, be glad you didn't drown.

That's why China will take over the world, people, because we are busy getting wasted and get tossed in pools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.