Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
I am looking for an app to lock my Nexus devices screen. I have my device setup that it requires a password, but not as soon as the device is locked only after X amount of minutes. The current lock screen app I have locks the device fine, but requires me to enter my password as soon as I go to unlock the device again. If I hit the hardware lock button it does not require my password right away when I go to unlock the device. Do you guys know of any apps that would lock my screen but not require password input until X amount of minutes has occurred?

Thanks for the help.

khha4113

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2013
On my Nexus 5, I can make it locks right away as soon as I press the lock button by choosing 'Immediately' on settings.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Ah, OP I just re-read your post and now I understand. I just tested it with screen off and lock and you're right, it forces you to enter a password right away. I don't see anything in settings for the app either. Maybe reach out to the developer?

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
In lock screen settings it should let you decide immediately, 3 min, 5 min, 15 min, etc.
It does. I have it set up how I like. But when using an app (a software button) to lock my device the app ignores my settings and requires password entry immediately as stated in the original post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.