Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13D45a of OS X 10.9.3 to developers, just under a week after releasing the seventh OS X beta, build 13D43, and over a month after the first 10.9.3 beta.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Graphics Drivers, Audio, Mail, Contacts and Calendar sync over USB in iTunes, and Safari. As was discovered with the first beta, 10.9.3 adds new support for 4K displays, offering "Retina" resolutions that improve readability along with support for 60Hz output from the Retina MacBook Pro.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D45a to Developers

Kidago

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Can anyone give me some insight as to how many beta builds Apple seeds for a new OS release on average? I'm on pins and needles waiting for this update in hopes that it will unleash more GPU power out of the new Mac Pro.

Thanks for any input!

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Can anyone give me some insight as to how many beta builds Apple seeds for a new OS release on average? I'm on pins and needles waiting for this update in hopes that it will unleash more GPU power out of the new Mac Pro.

Thanks for any input!

Well, it kind of depends, but 7 or 8 wouldn't be out of the question

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Didn't 10.9.2 only get 7 betas? And this is the 8th beta for 10.9.3?

Maybe they will release 10.9.3 and iOS 7.1.1 together this/next week.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
When I have some APPs opened, like ADT(Eclipse), Sublime Text, 15+ Tabs on Safari.. It just freezes completely and i have to hold power button to shutdown.

Beside ADT, I had all of that and it never froze on my rMBP. I actually like 30 tabs in ST3 along with 40 tabs in Safari. It took it without any issues.

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Has anyone really ever noticed much difference with any of these betas? OSX 10.9 just runs pretty **** and sluggish no matter for me. A few random bugs come up or disappear with the betas but nothing major seems to be fixed or worked on. The fact that it's the same non descriptive list of "changes to" they give every time rather than specific changelogs gives me little hope to that much is actually changing, and that most of it is very very specific problems only few experience, or that is related to other big brands such as HP, DELL etc that they are fiddling with.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
---------------------- OFF TOPIC -------------------------

What's up with the front page? It's not loading for me, not sure if it's related to the update or something else.. the rest of the site pages seem to be working.

UPDATE:

Site appears normal now.

Last edited:

TestedLion

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
Has anyone really ever noticed much difference with any of these betas? OSX 10.9 just runs pretty **** and sluggish no matter for me. A few random bugs come up or disappear with the betas but nothing major seems to be fixed or worked on. The fact that it's the same non descriptive list of "changes to" they give every time rather than specific changelogs gives me little hope to that much is actually changing, and that most of it is very very specific problems only few experience, or that is related to other big brands such as HP, DELL etc that they are fiddling with.

1) You shouldn't be noticing "big" or "major" changes in point fixes. These are not a move from, say, 10.8 to 10.9. A version release is when you, the end user, should see "big" changes.

2) If your Mavericks system is slow/sluggish - you should consider backing up your data via timemachine, do a fresh install, then import your data. Unless you have an ancient system that has a small amount of RAM, or possibly a failing HDD/SSD (and/or all three or some combination), or have borked your system folder in some way...Mavericks should be running like a champ for you. Mavericks, on my 4670K system, is ridiculously snappy...much more so than Windows which I, sadly, sometimes require.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.