Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
I wonder if Apple will replace the radio section in the Music app since it's been rumored they'll make a separate iTunes Radio app with the iTunes ID(?) that allows you to save matches to your iTunes wish list or directly buy the song.

Luscious

Suspended
Aug 8, 2007
So one of Apple's big new iOS 8 features is Shazam? Lol ... Lame. If Apple put as much time into innovating instead of wasting time on apps that other companies already do and do well (Maps, iTunes Radio and now Shazam) imagine how sweet iOS might be. At least with iTunes Radio it can be argued they wanted to get in on the streaming game because that's where the market is going but Maps was a result of Apple's hissyfit with Google over Andriod and there's no reason to duplicate Shazam and integrate it into the OS. Who wants to waste time asking Siri to identify the song, especially if its loud and Siri can't hear you to begin with.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
What problems do you have with iTunes Match? I'm quite happy with it - it even matched songs that I recorded from LPs.

Just under 1 in 5 of my songs can't match, and frustratingly there is no way to force a match or even rescan songs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.