Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airmaxx28

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Out of curiosity...why would you need to carry a spare magazine? Are you in a lot if fire fights?
I have never been into a fire fight and I hope I never wind up being in one. The main reason I carry a spare magazine aside from having more ammunition is incase the gun has a malfunction its much easier and faster to swap magazines.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Coach is quality, beautiful and functional looking backpack.

Is this the same one, or would you have the model number for yours?

Thanks.

If I actually listed everything, it would take forever. I think the pic does everything pretty decent justice.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/Mopar00Neon/IMG_7333.jpeg]Image[/URL]

Only things not pictured are my cMBP, as its in clamshell mode on my desk today. And my iPhone 5S, as its taking the picture, and my pack of smokes and car keys (car keys vary, depending on which vehicle Im driving on which day), and red Kershaw knife in my pocket. This is pretty much what I carry every day for work as well as personal travel. Its my "Murse" as the fiancé calls it. The bag is a Coach Bleecker backpack in pebble black leather, but its no longer listed on the website, so it could be recently discontinued. It was a gift from my mother, who is a huge Coach fan. (I couldn't justify $600 for backpack for myself, but she insisted I have a coach bag of some kind to go with my wallet and business card holder)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4,978

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
Coach is quality, beautiful and functional looking backpack.

Is this the same one, or would you have the model number for yours?

Thanks.

That is the same as mine. I absolutely LOVE it. As I've said before, Ill spend ungodly amounts of money on my truck (my diesel, 4wd, camper, DD, war machine F350).. but for things like this, I generally don't. This was a gift, but now after having it, I would spend that kind of money myself or it. The fit, finish, comfort, and quality it has, well, all of those things come with a price tag. You get what you pay for.

And for the magazine thing, When I was a cop, I was told the reason we carried 3 magazines total, (one in the weapon, 2 spares) was, #1, to get you into a fight, #2, to keep you in the fight, and #3, to get you out of the fight. That being said, I also carry a weapon every day (I travel a lot, sometimes in bad areas, and in the country, Ive hit deer and other animals before, I like to put them out of their misery, and not leave them suffering along side the road, and Im just not savage enough to hack them up with the axe, hatchet, or shovel, I also keep in the back of the truck. Im a country boy/redneck born and raised, Id rather use one round to safely, and cleaning, stop their suffering. That being said, in all my time as a cop, and since, I've never had to fire a single round in anger, and I hope I never do.).. and I STILL carry 2 extra mags, in addition to the one in the weapon, for every gun I have on me at any given time.

Last edited:

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
y5uzavap.jpg
for starters, I always have my iPhone 4s and iPod Touch 5 with me at all times. The reason is that the iPhone is exclusively used for texting and social apps. That's the only kind of apps I use on it. No more. The iPod has all my other apps because I couldn't fit all of them on the iPhone. My blackberry bold is used primarily as a music/podcast player and that's it. Dedicated devices for more battery life. Sometimes, I take my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with me if I'm going to my grans or my aunts house, and sometimes extra chargers if I don't think I'm going to make it through the day.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Now that I switched from an Air to the rMini it goes almost everywhere with me.

I carry a lot more when my son is with me. :)

5b3af42eec8274046326a3e8a37baaf7_zps3bb4fb37.jpg

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
My current list:

Diagnostic Tablet: Toshiba Encore 32+128
OTG cable
Wallet (No its not real, and I'm not a cop. Gift from my gf. Who is a cop.)
Work phone: Lumia 520
Private phone: Moto G 8GB + spare sim (Will be replaced with a dual sim 16gb version soon)
Primary work keys
Secondary work keys (Missing a car key. Service car is at the shop.)
Private keys: Home + car

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_174938.jpg
    IMG_20140422_174938.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 336

Jbp915

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2013
Midwest
Everyday:
1. wallet
2. xd subcompact .40
3. crossbreed holster
4. elgin watch
5. tdi folding knife from kabar
6. keys with compass on it.
7. iphone 5 in magpul case

Work:
add macbook 13 and iPad mini to the list in a samsung leather (brown) bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 334

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
Out of curiosity...why would you need to carry a spare magazine? Are you in a lot if fire fights?

Changing to a different magazine is the response to a number of mechanical failures. Like a spare tire, you carry it in case the first one breaks, not because you're expecting to drive all the tread off both.

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
london
I'm 15 and when I'm out in public I have my wallet, phone, normally my camera, depending on location a pocket knife.

Wait is this pocket knife for protection or if, say, you were in the countryside?
Is this normal?
I'm 15 as well, but I carry my oyster card, debit card, phone, keys, headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.