Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone4smaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Hello, I reset my settings to factory settings(just settings) and now whenever I boot it it is always in safe mode. Also the cydia apps do not appear in settings. Do you know how to make it do it boots up regularly?

I also tried uninstalling winter board with no avail, also sb settings

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Most likely related to an incompatible app/tweak you installed.

Solution: un-install the most recent app(s) one by one through Cydia > Manage > Packages...Remove (followed by a respring after EACH uninstall) to find the culprit.

In most cases this resolves this type of issue. Good luck

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Wirelessly posted

Hello, I reset my settings to factory settings(just settings) and now whenever I boot it it is always in safe mode. Also the cydia apps do not appear in settings. Do you know how to make it do it boots up regularly?

I also tried uninstalling winter board with no avail, also sb settings

Im not sure what you mean by reset your setting tomfactory settings. Did you go to the setting the use the erase all settings function?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
if it is in safe mode install SBSettings again, that is never causing any problems and will allow you to go into safe mode from normal mode, is essential IMO.

What you can do in SBsettings is go to more/Mobilesubstrate add ons.

Disable your last installed tweak, or all of them and respirng with sbsettings.

Now 1by1 enable the addons in SBSettings until you find the faulty 1.

If you do so, go into safe mode, sbsettings again, and remove the tweak. Make sure that you enable tweaks in sbsettings before removing in cydia.

good luck

Farjad Uddin Ba

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try your method next time as for now the problem has been solved. I figured intelliscreenx was the culprit.
Anyways thanks for your post.
And your solution could not be used in my case as sbsettings was not even accessible in safe mode, and even in normal mode until intelliscreenx was removed.

Last edited:

Sagarjain786

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
I was facing the same problem, then I uninstall mobile substraite this will also delet all cydia tweaks from setting but after respring board I am automatically exit from safe mode. Try it.....

RoStep

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
I was having problems with my camera leaving the app or never opening, so I reset all settings. Once it loaded, some of the tweaks that didn't work before started working (Bootlogos and more) but after it loaded it went to SAFEMODE. I keep respringing with no avail and this never happened before so it's not a tweak. No tweaks show up in the settings app. Please help me fix it. iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4 [FIX: UNINSTALL CYDIA SUBSTRATE THEN REINSTALL IT. (Note: UNINSTALLING CYDIA SUBTRATE WILL AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE AL TWEAKS)]

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I was having problems with my camera leaving the app or never opening, so I reset all settings. Once it loaded, some of the tweaks that didn't work before started working (Bootlogos and more) but after it loaded it went to SAFEMODE. I keep resetting with no avail and this never happened before so it's not a tweak. No tweaks show up in the settings app. Please help me fix it. iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4

Some tweaks don't show up in settings. Go into cydia and uninstall cydiasubstrate. You may need to change your view settings in order to see that package

RoStep

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Yeah, I'm not uninstalling CydiaSubstrate. It will automatically remove every tweak I have already downloaded which is almost as good as restoring. I don't feel like writing down a list of tweaks and themes and such to download back and make my phone mine again. If you find something helpful, let me know.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I'm not uninstalling CydiaSubstrate. It will automatically remove every tweak I have already downloaded which is almost as good as restoring. I don't feel like writing down a list of tweaks and themes and such to download back and make my phone mine again. If you find something helpful, let me know.

Yes, that is the point. You said it's not a tweak related problem because you've removed all tweaks which implied you uninstalled all mobilesubstrate tweaks

And in this post, you are contradicting that statement by saying you do have tweaks and don't want to uninstall them

Aren't you saying you're constantly stuck in safe mode though? If that's the case, none of your tweaks that rely on cydiasubstrate are working

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I was having problems with my camera leaving the app or never opening, so I reset all settings. Once it loaded, some of the tweaks that didn't work before started working (Bootlogos and more) but after it loaded it went to SAFEMODE. I keep resetting with no avail and this never happened before so it's not a tweak. No tweaks show up in the settings app. Please help me fix it. iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4

You are not supposed to reset all settings if jb. It will make a mess.

RoStep

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
You are not supposed to reset all settings if jb. It will make a mess.

My camera app wasn't working on my phone. But I just dealt with removing and reinstalling Cydia Substrate and losing all my tweaks. It fixed the problem and I'm okay now.

----------

Yes, that is the point. You said it's not a tweak related problem because you've removed all tweaks which implied you uninstalled all mobilesubstrate tweaks

And in this post, you are contradicting that statement by saying you do have tweaks and don't want to uninstall them

Aren't you saying you're constantly stuck in safe mode though? If that's the case, none of your tweaks that rely on cydiasubstrate are working

No. I said it's not a tweak related problem because I hadn't installed any tweaks before or after resetting all the settings. I uninstalled Cydia Substrate and downloaded it back and now it's fine... I just have to download all my tweaks again.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My camera app wasn't working on my phone. But I just dealt with removing and reinstalling Cydia Substrate and losing all my tweaks. It fixed the problem and I'm okay now.

----------

No. I said it's not a tweak related problem because I hadn't installed any tweaks before or after resetting all the settings. I uninstalled Cydia Substrate and downloaded it back and now it's fine... I just have to download all my tweaks again.

That just shows you it was in fact tweak related, or cydiasubstrate related

Maybe you recently updated a tweak

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.