Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reesche

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, WA
Recently, I have been working in PhotoShop 6 (MAC) opening a gray scale image and trying to use the "Burn" tool and this strange cursor appears. The Dodge tool operates normally showing the size of the cursor etc.

Can someone tell me what it is supposed to be and how to turn it off so I can use the sizing cursor as before? Thank you!

Attachments

• Photoshop6 Strange Cursor?.jpg
    Photoshop6 Strange Cursor?.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 259

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Recently, I have been working in PhotoShop 6 (MAC) opening a gray scale image and trying to use the "Burn" tool and this strange cursor appears. The Dodge tool operates normally showing the size of the cursor etc.

Can someone tell me what it is supposed to be and how to turn it off so I can use the sizing cursor as before? Thank you!

This is just one of the brushes in your Brush Panel. Once you have the Burn Tool highlighted, go to the Options Bar at the top and open your Brushes Panel by clicking on down arrow. Then just pick the brush you want and size it. I posted photo below to show you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 7.36.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 7.36.48 PM.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 184

Reesche

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, WA
Thanks Firedebt

Didn't even know that was an option Firedebt......so, what was that tool?

I changed it an am back to normal.

Thanks so much!

Reesche

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.