Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
My Mercedes Benz AUX input sounds drastically quiet compared to the other sources. On a loud road, I can have the volume at max, and the sound still isn't as loud as I would like.

Does anyone know of an amplifier I could put between my iPod and the aux input? One with A/C power would be great cause then it could just plug into the A/C power in the glovebox with the AUX input.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I have to ask the obvious. Are you turning you iPod's volume all the way up when it's connected to the aux input?

EDIT: wow, beat by a long time. that's what i get for responding to a thread in a tab that's been open for a while.

amanda kathryn

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
are you sure it's also not the cable you're using, or that it's not plugging in completely, like being blocked by a case on the iPod or something? sometimes i notice that my volume is low and the plug has worked its way out of the jack in the glovebox slightly.

or it could be the car. my mom's jetta has an aux input, sound comes out all ten speakers with no problem with radio or CD, but when you use the aux input sound only comes out the left. i thought it was a bad cable at first, but tried another and the same thing.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Buy a line out dock connector cable for your iPod and use that :)

AUX input is most likely expecting a line-level source

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I guess I should have put more details.

I am using line out from a dock adapter. However, at first I was using the iPod out with volume control, and it did the same thing. Everyone with the car has this same problem (except if they have the multimedia package). It's the 2008 C-Class, so I wasn't bragging, it's just a c. ha-ha.

The quality of the sound through the input is really good, it's just you need the car at max volume, and then if it's a really noisy road it isn't as load as anyone would prefer it to be, and then when you switch back to Sirius or CD, your ears are severed.

I found this on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Z7XTO , which I thought I might give a try with.

Thanks for the help and if you have any other idea on another device I might try.

kolohem123

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2014
Did that splitter amp work? I'm having the same problem with my truck, looking for a cheap solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.