Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplybeMe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone,
I recently bought 2 Dell 2412M monitors for my Mac min, now both monitors are great but one of them seems to have a slight green tint to it, no idea why.
Now both monitors are calibrated using a spyder 4 Pro in a totally dark room.

the first one is connected via HDMI to DVI (on the monitor's end) and the other monitor (which has the slight tint) is connected via mini displayport -> DVI Adapter -> DVI.

now the really weird part that when i calibrated my monitors the first one scored a 81% in showing Adobe RGB while the other one (with the tint) only scored a 79%...

i tried switching adaptors, still no dice.
so i was wondering is it the connection or do i have a "Lemon" (the 2nd monitor was bought separately after i like the first one)

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
It sounds to me like you got a lemon monitor. Hard to argue when the screens have been calibrated. I don't think it's unheard of to have duds, look at all the threads about bad Macbook screens, why should it be limited to certain brands.

dimme

macrumors 68040
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
When I first got my rMBP I connected it to my Dell U2410 and calibrated it using coloreyes the same monitor is also connected to my 2008 MP via DVI. The calibration and contrast never looked as good as the MP. So after doing some digging I found out that htmi connections in OS X are treated as TV and will not send RGB signal it sends YpBPr. So I found this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4286200?tstart=0
It work great fro me and it may fix you problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.