Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
This is what I use, although mine is a different namebrand I think they are all the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371037174167

CD slot mount works best for me. And this one is $15 cheaper than what I paid.

----------

Also, I make this recommendation after using multiple types of mounts for GPS purposes using my iPad mini. I even handmade a couple that worked great but scratched my finish.
I use this in the 100° heat of Houston, Texas, so no other mount really worked for me. Forget the window mounts, they all will eventually turn loose and drop your tablet. :eek:

Adonys

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Southern California
Thanks for the link exactly what I was looking for. couldn't really tell from the pics but i attached a pic a similar dash of my vehicle just wondering if it should work.

This is what I use, although mine is a different namebrand I think they are all the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371037174167

CD slot mount works best for me. And this one is $15 cheaper than what I paid.

----------

Also, I make this recommendation after using multiple types of mounts for GPS purposes using my iPad mini. I even handmade a couple that worked great but scratched my finish.
I use this in the 100° heat of Houston, Texas, so no other mount really worked for me. Forget the window mounts, they all will eventually turn loose and drop your tablet. :eek:

Attachments

• mbdash.jpg
    mbdash.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 317

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Absolutely will. However iPad mini will cover up something, depending on the position that it's in. Here's mine in action-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
For or to stay in a vertical position like that I had to glue a piece of that sticky dashboard material. I'm not sure what it's called but you get it from eBay for $.99 and it's to lay your cell phone on your dashboard without it sliding off.
Anyway vertical would work without it, but it works better with.

Last edited:

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
The stuff is called "sticky pad magic " and I cut a small piece off and glued it to the rubber pad on one side.
Do an eBay search with the above terminology and you'll find them.
Ok, I'm done :rolleyes:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Absolutely will. However iPad mini will cover up something, depending on the position that it's in. Here's mine in action-

Have you used this horizontally? I think that's how I would use mine.

Any problems with bumps knock the mount or iPad loose?

Thanks!

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Have you used this horizontally? I think that's how I would use mine.

Any problems with bumps knock the mount or iPad loose?

Thanks!

I use it horizontally most of the time - the picture just happened to be otherwise. There is a spring that holds it in place that you can make it tighter and is no problem whatsoever with it falling out.
What's great about the stand is that it doesn't matter what position you use it in I even have a caddy corner sometimes.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I use it horizontally most of the time - the picture just happened to be otherwise. There is a spring that holds it in place that you can make it tighter and is no problem whatsoever with it falling out.
What's great about the stand is that it doesn't matter what position you use it in I even have a caddy corner sometimes.

That's exactly what I am looking for. There is a Korean company that makes a dash kit for my car, but I am not looking to go that far just yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

Adonys

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Southern California
before and after

I'm a happy camper not just a fan of cables when I want to charge it and aux cable when listening to pandora. mount is a lot better than those suction cups. mount is very sturdy and no worries on bumps as it is spring loaded. I'm impress and would do it again.

btw, I got it from amazon, ordered it Sunday and got it today probably because they ship from san diego.

Attachments

• IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    790.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    645.8 KB · Views: 261

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
before and after

I'm a happy camper not just a fan of cables when I want to charge it and aux cable when listening to pandora. mount is a lot better than those suction cups. mount is very sturdy and no worries on bumps as it is spring loaded. I'm impress and would do it again.

btw, I got it from amazon, ordered it Sunday and got it today probably because they ship from san diego.

Thank you. Looks great!

tryiian

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
what i use

http://www.mountguys.com/Car_Cup_Holder_Custom_Mount_Apple_iPad_Mini_p/mfx33-cra-ipadmini.htm

I delivered pizza for about two years and used a mini as my in car podcasts and music player. I set it in a cupholder just ahead of the shifter (manual trans) and in portrait orientation, I had the positioning just right where if I extend my finger forward in third, it naturally hits right at the play/pause control on the lockscreen. Very convenient set up.

The product itself is good enough for the price imo, though there may be stuff out there with nicer fit and finish for more cash. All of the parts are plastic except the bendable metal positioning arm. The backing panel that holds the ipad actually makes a half decent pseudo case for the ipad as it disconnects from the arm part.

I do appreciate the angle adjustments on it. Where the arm connects to the iPad holding part, there is a ball joint with a tightening ring behind it and another angle adjustment with a wing screw.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Got this in and installed today. It holds firm in the CD slot using one of the supplied spacers. The iPad itself bounces a little, but not to the point where I would worry about it falling off.

That being said, I need to tighten the collar where the iPad height and angle are adjusted. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it tonight since I had to go pick up my son. I will get it adjusted tomorrow and report back.

Overall, I am very happy with it.

NOTE: All pictures taken when either stopped at a red light or parked. :)

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
Got this in and installed today. It holds firm in the CD slot using one of the supplied spacers. The iPad itself bounces a little, but not to the point where I would worry about it falling off.

That being said, I need to tighten the collar where the iPad height and angle are adjusted. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it tonight since I had to go pick up my son. I will get it adjusted tomorrow and report back.

Overall, I am very happy with it.

[url=http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/nickramato/Apple/B50375EE-817E-40FE-A2F5-314096C341F0_zpsdcjtvakz.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/nickramato/Apple/47070F5F-7041-4D55-8184-D7B52AF43F12_zpsortggbaq.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/nickramato/Apple/F9277950-9D85-429C-B9D8-D1622D66E9E8_zpsaullxanl.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/nickramato/Apple/6E894AB6-8DBE-4572-8599-F38B69CA36AF_zps2qa6duhz.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/nickramato/Apple/6E88267C-AB25-423B-AFCC-CBEF2448F32E_zpsjnsbhdwr.jpg]Image[/URL]

NOTE: All pictures taken when either stopped at a red light or parked. :)
What app is that speedo on?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.