Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I was doing something inside of a VM earlier, and all of a sudden my icon just turned to the circle rainbow. It's been that way for hours, even though nothing has been going on. It has done this several times before, but it would eventually just go back to normal after a couple hours or so.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I was doing something inside of a VM earlier, and all of a sudden my icon just turned to the circle rainbow. It's been that way for hours, even though nothing has been going on. It has done this several times before, but it would eventually just go back to normal after a couple hours or so.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

The VM app is not responding?!

Has it only happened once?

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
The VM app is not responding?!

Has it only happened once?

The VM is responding. It's just simply the icon that's showing the circle rainbow. The apps that I had open were and still are working perfectly fine. It has only happened once today, but ti has happened a few times in the past as well. However, in the past, the icon would just change back after about 10-15 minutes.

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
The VM is responding. It's just simply the icon that's showing the circle rainbow. The apps that I had open were and still are working perfectly fine. It has only happened once today, but ti has happened a few times in the past as well. However, in the past, the icon would just change back after about 10-15 minutes.

While it is running (not properly), you can open activity monitor to see if any processes aren't working correctly.

That should clarify what is causing it.

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
While it is running (not properly), you can open activity monitor to see if any processes aren't working correctly.

That should clarify what is causing it.

Hmm, kk. I'll give this a go next time it happens.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.