Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hexley

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I bought a Magpul Field Case for the iPhone 5/5s and despite my love for it it causes flaring when I use the camera flash.

This flaring does these three things that are annoying.

- It makes taking a photo a longer and more unpleasant affair especially in a dark room as the LED light is turned on for a far longer period of time.
- It causes a color cast influenced by the color of the Magpul case. Making the photo look like it was taken using a cheap Android.
- It defuses the light thus making for a $100 digicam from 5 years back.

So what do you kind folk use as a phone case? I am not

larlah

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2014
Try using the incipio dual case, its aesthetically pleasing aswell as user friendly i have not had ANY problems and the hole for camera is huge.

sophiamendezzz1

macrumors regular
May 20, 2014
I bought a Magpul Field Case for the iPhone 5/5s and despite my love for it it causes flaring when I use the camera flash.

This flaring does these three things that are annoying.

- It makes taking a photo a longer and more unpleasant affair especially in a dark room as the LED light is turned on for a far longer period of time.
- It causes a color cast influenced by the color of the Magpul case. Making the photo look like it was taken using a cheap Android.
- It defuses the light thus making for a $100 digicam from 5 years back.

So what do you kind folk use as a phone case? I am not

I've never used the Magpul case however I completely understand your frustration as I've noticed that a lot of cases totally ruin my pictures by making the pictures whatever the case color is when the flash is used. It makes me go naked a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.