Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinglebob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
NZ
I have an ipad 3. In Safari when I have multiple tabs open and then start closing them, the 3rd tab will not close. If I close the 2nd one, the third one (which now becomes the 2nd...i hope that makes sense) closes OK.
I have searched the net for answers but cannot find one. It seems I am the only person having this issue!
I have cleared all the history and internet information under 'Settings'.
Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
It's probably a bug. Just make sure your using iOS 7.1 and you could try holding the home and sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo hopefully that helps.

Tinglebob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
NZ
Thanks Doctor,

But I have tried those things many times.
I'm beginning to wonder if there is a 'dead' spot right where that 'x' is. If I turn the iPad so the screen flips it closes fine.
I don't even know if that's a possibility??

Tinglebob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
NZ
Well I finally solved the problem. I found after wiping the screen with a damp cloth that I could see a fingerprint underneath the glass that was replaced 2 months ago. This fingerprint was in the exact place that the 'dead spot' was. I took it back to the place that replaced the glass and they replaced it again and all is good now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.