Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roz55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
Hi

Had my iMac mini for one week (ex windows user) I love it a couple of issues. I have spent more than a few hours trying to set up email my @blueyonder.co.uk account with no success. In the first day turned off Keychain I don't remember why but it must have been causing problems.I keep getting keychain pop up windows.

Any help someone could give me with email (as far as I understand most like to stick with Apple email because of security) or with keychains can someone explain what that is about and do i need it.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Roz

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hi

Had my iMac mini for one week (ex windows user) I love it a couple of issues. I have spent more than a few hours trying to set up email my @blueyonder.co.uk account with no success. In the first day turned off Keychain I don't remember why but it must have been causing problems.I keep getting keychain pop up windows.

Any help someone could give me with email (as far as I understand most like to stick with Apple email because of security) or with keychains can someone explain what that is about and do i need it.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Roz

In Mavericks how are you setting up the email account? Here are the settings according their help files.

Lastly in sounds like you need to unlock your keychain in /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app and see if sell get the pop-ups.

Plus if you really don't trust Keychain then look at the shareware 1Password.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.